Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How far should one go for family?

Well done Frank. And look at the bright side, you feel better tonght then you will tomorrow night!!! Especially if you do the roof......
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Lessee, you house them during the summers and now he wants you to come and do major-major remodeling on their house? Unless he is borderline destitude, it sounds like taking advantage to me. Family, or not, there are limits. I wouldn't ask anyone, family or otherwise to do that kind of work for my benefit for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    You did the right thing even tho your body is paying the price....We all go the extra mile when family is involved even when it hurts..
    Hey Jerry, it's not just family! Frank's got some "frequent flier miles" on my own behalf, as well! And, pound for pound, one of the strongest guys I know! By lookin' at him, all you can say is, "Frank, you need to visit the fridge a bit more often!" Yup, he's a class act and I'm glad to have him as a friend. I'm bettin' his BIL is saying the same thing right now! Way to go, Frank!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Frank's got some "frequent flier miles" on my own behalf, as well!
    John,
    You’ve racked up quite a thick book of “frequent flyer miles” helping me out too.
    Call me anytime, bud!
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco
    Family, or not, there are limits. I wouldn't ask anyone, family or otherwise to do that kind of work for my benefit for free.
    Frank,
    And anyone who did not sense the tongue in cheek tilt of my thread title, I apologize. The exchange is fair for all involved, and I was really seeking (undeserved) sympathy from my friends here for my current task of getting back in shape after a winter of sittin’ and surfin’.
    I’ll live (that is if I don’t keel over this week).
    Thanks all for your replies!
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Frank,
    And anyone who did not sense the tongue in cheek tilt of my thread title, I apologize. The exchange is fair for all involved, and I was really seeking (undeserved) sympathy from my friends here for my current task of getting back in shape after a winter of sittin’ and surfin’.
    I’ll live (that is if I don’t keel over this week).
    Thanks all for your replies!
    Frank

Sometimes we can get too philisophical and forget the fun.
    Now, since us Frank's are all brothers of a sort....my wife wants this deck built the full length of the house...........

Frank you did the right thing. This for that isn't always the right way to look at things. I suppose if it was all this & non of that in exchange after a number of years it might be wise to call a halt to it because of non reciprocation But it doesn't sound like that is the case here.

Remembering back to when my Dad was pouring his 32' x 32' garage floor. I was over seas & not able to be there to help. A bunch of guys that had worked with & for him when he superintended the building of some schools, restaurants & large apt buildings came over to help. One in particular a concrete finisher with a power trowel that told him when he was ready to give him a call & he'd round up a few of the good old boys they both knew. Well they worked real hard that day but still needed that power trowel real bad as it turned out to be the hottest day of the year at 108 degrees. It isn't always relatives its amazing what a bunch of older retired pros can do for each other in a days work. There are some really great people in this world even if sometimes it seems we have to look real hard to find them. Usually if we've given of ourselves as other needed it it isn't to hard to find help when we need it.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen