Thread: Little gloat and shop tour

Little gloat and shop tour

Still awaiting the maple top but it's all ready for the bench raising. I also thought I'd get the shelix head for my G500 while they were on sale.

Img_0082.jpg Img_0083.jpg

As far as the shop is concerned, it's in a little disarray while I get the bench together but it will show the stuff I'm trying to stuff in my 19x19 garage. The Griz 5959z is all set. I wanted to use my router table as the side table, needed to shorten the legs but mis-measured and forgot to account for the table thickness. I guess the thickness was in my head. Will try again.

Img_0081.jpgImg_0086.jpgImg_0085.jpg

The dust collection will be finished when I determine where it all goes in the end. Plus I'm in double top secret negotations with SWMBO to remove a 24x48 wardrobe where she keeps winter coats, boots, etc. all hers of course. 1/2 of which she hasn't worn in the last 20 years. Anyway, enjoy the sceneary as you stroll by. I guess this makes me finally an offical creeker.
    David Mueller

Knowledge gained is directly proportional to the amount of equipment destroyed.

David,

You have some really great tools. Great shop. I sure will not attemp to get into the wardrobe issue. I am not that brave.

One thing that really interest me is that I see an American flag on your Grizzly cabinet saw. Is the 5959z made in the USA or did you just add that as a proud American?

Allen

I had a bunch of extra stickers so stuck them around the shop. It may not be made here but Grizzly is a fine american co. so seemed appropiate. I fancy myself an upstanding american, or at least that's what I've been told.
    David Mueller

You've really filled up that space with some nice machinery. I see the flow to your work area, though you obviously have to make some room occasionally. That bench looks to have auspicious beginnings.

David , Nice shop, nice tools, but the bike has to go!

Mike
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

My goodness. So many tools so little space True testiment of getting the most out of the space you have. You have some really nice tools. The big Laguna seems so large in that space. Now you have to build an extension to the shop to put together those beautiful projects you will be making. I like the vice. Going to look at one right now.

Greg

Nice looking shop. I like the 8"jointer. BUT, how come I didn't see any sawdust in the corners and covering some of the equipment?

Chet Parks

nice shop... looks like you have it all fitted together pretty well

best wishes
    lou

nice shop david!
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gibbons
    David , Nice shop, nice tools, but the bike has to go!
    Mike
    You tell the wife it has to go! It's her's. I just move it out of the way around to different places.

Chet, In moving some of the things around I did some spring cleaning. I boeshield'ed all the CI surfaces to get ready for the summer humidity. There is some on the TS because I cut some stuff right before I pic'ed. The flow is tight right now but after bench landing and it'll open up. Plus pic's have a hard time of showing depth in some cases.
    David Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hairston
    My goodness. So many tools so little space True testiment of getting the most out of the space you have. You have some really nice tools. The big Laguna seems so large in that space. Now you have to build an extension to the shop to put together those beautiful projects you will be making. I like the vice. Going to look at one right now.

Greg
    Funny you should mention that, no room currently to expand in my 7 sided cul-de-sac lot. I have no basement. Current 3-4 yr. plans are, daughter out of grad school in 2 years. Sell Fla condo after son (current resident) finishes his house build. Buy new house with 3 car garage and basement. Wife doesn't like parking in garage so I'll be in sawdust heaven, a 3 car garage and a full basement to call my own. I just have to promise to build a main floor laundry if there isn't one already, she's squmish in basements. So there's hope on the horizon, by the time the ultra-shop hits I'll be within a hair of retirement. Life can be good.
    David Mueller

Nice shop and tools. Looks used and real. Enjoy...
    Jerry