The following is actually the brainchild of Christopher Hartley. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=36941 I'm merely playing the "middle man" in this endeavor.

So, here's how we're going to play the game. If you have a blank or blanks, which you wish to trade with the general populace on the forum, submit a post on this thread. We prefer to have a pretty accurate description (flavor, size, wet/dry, etc.), hopefully a picture and, if you can, maybe even an approximate weight, so that folks can determine if shipping won't be too great an expense.

Once posted, other folks can see what there is to offer and, if they like what you have, can then PM you with their "counter-offer", that being, blanks which they may have available to you. If all is agreeable, make arrangements to complete the swap via PM's. Once complete, the particular blank (or blanks) is now unavailable, so you need to determine how you'll make that known.

My preference in this would be for you to simply go back out to your original post, use the "edit" button and just "delete" the post. This would help prevent clutter down the road. If you have more than one item listed on your post, go to "edit" and make it known that "item A, B or C" is no longer available. Once they're all gone, delete the post.

Some notes:
I am making this a "sticky" just on the Turner's Forum however, I will post a message on the other forums to notify folks from all walks of SMC that this exchange is available to all members.

For those who weren't following Christopher's original idea thread, pretty much anything goes in terms of blanks, just as long as both parties are agreeable. Green blanks, dry ones, roughed out & dry, pen blanks and laminated ones are good. Heck, we even have folks on lasers who also turn and may want to trade some type of plastic materials for pen blanks with someone else who can send them more substantial wooden bowl blanks! If you have a green blank and someone else has a bunch of neat pen blanks, that can work as a trade, too. Don't necessarily restrict yourselves to a direct one-for-one. The most important thing here is to provide a way for folks to expand their horizons some and, even more so, to have fun with it! Let the trading begin!!!