Thread: Is there another source besides Amazon?

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

Question Is there another source besides Amazon?

I ordered 4 of the Bessey K3.560 60" bar clamps from Amazon 6 weeks ago. I just got my 3rd delay notice from them;

“Greetings from Amazon.com.
    We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or
    more items in the order you placed on July 25 2003 18:15 PDT”

Now they are saying it will be another two weeks before they will ship. I pretty much don’t believe them anymore.

I did a web search for the 60” Bessey and dozens of sites came up, but every one I looked at linked back to Amazon! Boy, they have quite a racket going! I’ve looked at all of the different catalogs that I get and they all seem to stop at the 50” Bessey.

Anyway, does anyone know of another source besides Amazon?
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 09-07-2003 at 3:01 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

TWC has both 60" and 72". These are the folks that are at all the shows with tons of clamps, etc. They do have a package with (4) 60" clamps that gives a littel savings, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

http://wilkemachinery.com/OnlineCata...lamps&RecNum=0

http://www.grizzly.com/products/items-list.cfm?

http://hottoolprices.com/bessey.htm

The above links are just a few I found, however I personally have never dealt with any of the merchants.
    The above stores have come from recomendations from others on this forum during a different posting I made in the past about online shopping.

Take a look at Coastal Tools, they have the 60" clamp for $45.95 ea.

Coastal Tool

I have only bought from them one time, and I got good service.
    Best Regards, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock
    Take a look at Coastal Tools, they have the 60" clamp for $45.95 ea.

I have only bought from them one time, and I got good service.
    I have bought from Coastal a number of times...extraordinary service and attention to customer concerns. They even call you on the phone when they have questions or are resolving one of yours. Very quick ship, too, for in-stock items.
    --

Thanks for the info guys. I was about to cancel the Amazon order but when I got home tonight I had two of these waiting. Two down, two to go.

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside. -- Robert X. Cringely
    Attached Images Attached Images

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce,
    Per the picture you inserted in this thread, I was wondering is that a bought splitter or home made?
    Thanks, Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones
    Bruce,
    Per the picture you inserted in this thread, I was wondering is that a bought splitter or home made?
    Thanks, Doug
    From the silhouette, it looks like my Biesemeyer...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones
    Bruce,
    Thanks, Doug
    Doug, it's Delta's splitter, P/N 1349941 I think it was around $30.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 09-08-2003 at 9:27 PM.

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    Anyway, does anyone know of another source besides Amazon?
    I noticed this as well when the Jorgensen feeding frenzy took place a while back....99% of the links went back to Amazon.com.

What a monopoly!

PDM
    How did I get here? Nevermind....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D. May
    I noticed this as well when the Jorgensen feeding frenzy took place a while back....99% of the links went back to Amazon.com.

What a monopoly!
    Not really a monopoly...just a good affiliate program. Many folks help to pay for the costs of their web sites through affiliate relationships. Further, since Amazon is one of those that actually pays out those pennies, some people use them to develop online "stores" using Amazon's infrastructure. And it's safer than EBAY!
    --

I like Amazon for two reasons - no tax and no shipping. Usually they also have the best price for things that I have bought. I'm in the market for a Jet Spindle Sander and they still have the best price $315 and that's not tax or shipping, just $315. I have had to wait also, but my tool budget is finite and I try squeeze every penny. I'm currently waiting for a copy of DesignCad. Said it was in stock two weeks ago and now it looks like two more weeks. Retail $299, Amazon $70! - I'll be patient.

My brother-in-law can't stand'em. He admits he needs instant gradification.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1