Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon can't ship 24" Jorgenson clamps

Amazon can't ship 24" Jorgenson clamps

I just got a notice from Amazon that they can't ship the 24" jorgy clamps I ordered.

********the interesting part of the amazon e-mail ***********

Thank you for your recent order at Amazon.com.

We are writing to inform you that an item(s) in your order is out-of-stock.

As we do not expect to receive more of this item(s), we would like to
    offer you an alternative item(s) instead.

Item(s) ordered:

"Jorgensen 8024 24 Cabinet Master 90 Degree Parallel Steel Master Bar
    Clamp"

Item(s) offered as replacement(s) (listed in corresponding order):

"Bessey K3.524 24 Max Opening K-Body Clamp"

Although the replacement is a higher-priced item, we are offering it
    to you for the same price you expected to pay for the original item
    ordered.

********End of the interesting part of the amazon e-mail ***********

What do you think? Is this a fair subsitute or am I being taken advantage of?

Thanks
    The Large print givith
    and the fine print takith away

I sure wouldn't complain.

Sounds like a fair substitute to me. Tony
    Tony

They are equivalent. Accept the Besseys with no hesitation. That is might nice of Amazon to make that swap.
    Geoff in Oakland

I just got my note about 30 seconds ago...and by all means it's a fair and equitable substitute! I only ordered the Jorgies due to the price...I already own about two dozen Bessey's and am very pleased with them.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I just got my e-mail from Amazon with the same offer. I have a bunch of Bessey's and don't mind getting 24" Bessey @ the Jorgy sale price at all.
    Dan McLaughlin

I just got home to the same message. . .

and I'm happy-10 more Bessey's!!! Not much room to complain. :>) Tony

Kinda makes you wonder what's up with their inventory control system, eh?
    Tony

I received a similar email just a few minutes ago too. They're providing both 24" and 50" Besseys in lieu of the 24" and 48" Jorgies I'd orderd. As with most of you, they'll match the Besseys I already have so I am one happy camper.

Has anyone received informataion on a target shipping date window yet?
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Anyone hearing anything about the 36"'s

I ordered 4 of those, I would prefer the 31" Bessey's if they can't follow through or 12's. Funny thing is, will they be in the same bought with the Bessey's?
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Hmmm.. Well, I just got the same emails from Amazon. However, they've already delivered to me 6 48" Jorgies. Now they want to ship me 10 24" Besseys and 10 40" Besseys. I don't have any clamps and thought this would be a great way to get started, but now I'll have mismatched clamps. Is that going to be a problem when I try to use both brands at the same time? Should I press my luck and ask Amazon to take back the 6 48" Jorgies and send me 6 50" Besseys?

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Johnson
    Hmmm.. Well, I just got the same emails from Amazon. However, they've already delivered to me 6 48" Jorgies. Now they want to ship me 10 24" Besseys and 10 40" Besseys. I don't have any clamps and thought this would be a great way to get started, but now I'll have mismatched clamps. Is that going to be a problem when I try to use both brands at the same time? Should I press my luck and ask Amazon to take back the 6 48" Jorgies and send me 6 50" Besseys?

Wayne
    You'll be just fine with both brands, Wayne. There will only be a few instances where you need to be careful...those where the clamps are supporting the workpiece on your assembly table.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Me too

After seeing this thread I checked my e-mail and also received the offer.

So did anyone actually get 24" or 36" Jorgensen clamps? Amazon offered 40" Besseys for the 36" clamps.

I did receive 4 48" Jorgensen clamps last week.

Kevin

Post few days ago couldn't get Bessey from Amazon

A few days ago, Bruce page was looking for some where to get Bessey clamps because Amazon would not ship them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Beck

So did anyone actually get 24" or 36" Jorgensen clamps? Amazon offered 40" Besseys for the 36" clamps.

Kevin
    I received my 36"s and 48"s last week. The 24" were always "to be shipped" until I received the e-mail last night
    Dan McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Apple - Central IN
    A few days ago, Bruce page was looking for some where to get Bessey clamps because Amazon would not ship them.

He was wanting 60" clamps, not 50", 40", or 24".

I believe someone posted something about American Clamping might pull some sort of 'sale' to compete with Adjustable's Jorgensen CabinetMaster sales. Looks like this is exactly what has happened at Amazon. No, the K-bodys are not on sale publicly, but I will go out on a limb and say that Amazon is not losing $20 per clamp that they are substituting. I pretty much guaranttee that Amazon is getting a deal from American Clamping to be able to provide this offer.

If not, why wouldn't Amazon just substitute the 30" CabinetMasters for the 24"? Why not sbstitute the 60" for the 48"?

It has all about market saturation, people. American Clamping (Bessey) has realized that they are not going to sell many K-bodys in the near future, and have probably lost many future customers by Adjustable getting their product in woodworkers hands that probably would not have bought the Jorgensens to begin with because the K-bodys have always been the old stand by.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it this time.

Terre,

Not sure whether AMZN got a deal from American or not, but one thing is for sure........ when they were still taking orders for Jorgies after their stock had been depleted, AMZN surely thought they could get more clamps from Adjustable at discounted prices. Whether AMZN assumed (incorrectly) that they could get additional clamps, or whether Adjustable choked at the sheer number of orders and reneged, only the parties know.

In my opinion, it's not beyond AMZN to suck it up in the name of customer service. I've never had a bad experience with them and I've purchased many, many, many times. If I were to guess, AMZN probably explained the situation to American and asked for a break on the Besseys. So AMZN takes a smaller hit, and American gets the positive press on this and other boards for bailing AMZN and/or Adjustable out of a bad spot.

Another guess...... AMZN is MUCH happier with American right now than they are with Adjustable. And judging by the posts in this thread, most of the Bessey owners are happier to get more Besseys than Jorgies.