Thread: My turn to say thanks......

My turn to say thanks......

Cheryl and I would like to thank everyone for coming to the Central States BBq. We are pretty good at feeding a crowd, but the attendees are the ones that make the BBq. Thanks to David, Bob and Dennis for the very informative demo's. You guy's are great!!!

Thanks to Mike Mastin for sending some amazing wood and to Lee Patz for his wonderful show and tell items as well as the turning and the ton of wood he brought to share. Thanks to Steve Clardy for the truck load of Walnut. Thanks to all of you that brought door prizes and food.

Thanks to Connie and Terry Quiram for travelling so far to be with us. Everyone truly enjoyed seeing Terry's fine scroll saw work as well as getting some instruction on the scroll saw, EVEN THOUGH it once again will cost me money as Katie has been bitten by the scrolling bug. Next year NOBODY can bring a tool I don't have.

Special thanks to Ken for bringing his mini and his expert instruction on the lathe, all his hard work on getting the pics organized on his site and for...well....being Ken. This deal would simply not be the same without him.

Thanks to Zack for the great photography and getting the pics up for all of us to see.

The BBq is something that we look forward to each year. We strive to make it an enjoyable time for all, but what we do is paid back ten fold by the good friends, good fellowship and the good times. Thanks so much to all who attended.

Looking forward to next year,

Terry and Cheryl

Here are Terry and Connie sporting the traditional HOG noses that we give to the folks that travelled the longest distance to attend. You guy's are now honorary Razorbacks!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry, if not for you and Cheryl having the place and being willing to share it, there would be no "Central States BBQ". At least it wouldn't be in our immediate area.

Thanks for all the work (and expense) of getting together door prizes, acquiring and cooking the food, organizing the dates and people, and most of all for CLEANING HOUSE ALL DAY THE DAY BEFORE!!!! That is rough on a guy! I know! I did it once. That says nothing about giving of your family time and shop time and rest time.

You guys are the greatest! Thanks so much!

This is the only time I get to actually meet the guys who have helped me with projects online. And to actually get prizes made by guys like John Veercamp and Terry Quirim and to receive great wood from guys like Steve Clardy. Oh, it's ridiculous to try to state in print what this time is "worth". Let me just say much of the time together is priceless.

David

Suuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HOGS!!!!!

Terry and Cheryl

It was a blast. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    Next year NOBODY can bring a tool I don't have.
    Your mission, should you deem to accept it, is to make that impossible...it's only money, Terry!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Not bad, Terry. But depending on the side of town from which you hail, you *might* want just a liiiiittle more emphasis on the "E". Like "suuuuueeEEEEEEE". Actually I think that is spelled "souie", but since I've been wrong about most things most of my life, take that with a slight grain of salt. If you try it with the red snout on, you almost can't say it (scream it?) wrong. It sounds like you didn't type that while wearing the snout.

Jim, you have a great attitude! I like your way of thinking.

David

Zack had a Great Time..... Thanks again for having us and Terry
    Katie needs a dawg... Think about it some more...
    I sure do love mine.... Visit his website:
    http://www.boogerdawg.com
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond