Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what happened to my ort bowl....

Thanks guys for all the nice comments.

Curt, ort is a real word and as Henry noted I have been cleaning out my ort bin to make ort bowls. I guess you are right about the name but this is what the needlepointing community calls them. A very genteel bunch of ladies call them ort bowls.

As far as calling them hollow forms...I don't do hollow forms. If I ever start I will be eating a lot of crow served up by Jim K., Travis S., Mark C., Dennis P., Dick P., Andy H., Keith B. etc. etc. ad infinitum......You see I made the statement that I will never do hollow forms therefore I cannot start.....
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Orts

Orts are those little pieces of thread you cut off and need a place to put them. In Japanese embroidery here in the U.S. they are saved and sent back to the school in Atlanta. They are silk and can be re-used.
    Barbara in Remlik Virginia

IF YOU CAN'T STICK YOUR GRUBBY FINGERS INSIDE IT TO GRAB A PIECE OF CANDY, THE FORM IS HOLLOW!! Seriously, In the Detroit area we had some folks take old used tires and with a bit of elbow grease,turned the tire inside-out and made flower pots out of them. So that's what we got here, a Dual-Form turning .
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gibbons
    Seriously, In the Detroit area we had some folks take old used tires and with a bit of elbow grease,turned the tire inside-out and made flower pots out of them. .
    Michael, I fear the use of used tires as flower pots, flower bed border edging and tree rings is not confined to the Detroit area. Here we refer to it as redneck chic.............LOL LOL LOL LOL
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.