Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Balboa House Update

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update on your wonderful work. Last night my wife and I spent some time together looking at the pictures. Of the design elements in the pictures, we liked the powder room wash area best... simply amazing! The layering of views with your custom vanity in front of the window wall that exposes the deck rail and the landscape beyond... such thoughtful design! By the way, we were wondering what material you used for the vanity tops-- looks like it might be limestone but it is hard to tell from the pics.

I have to admit to feeling a little silly that every time I post comments on your work it's always some form of emphatic gushing praise... oh well, I guess I can't help myself!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Larson
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update on your wonderful work. Last night my wife and I spent some time together looking at the pictures. Of the design elements in the pictures, we liked the powder room wash area best... simply amazing! The layering of views with your custom vanity in front of the window wall that exposes the deck rail and the landscape beyond... such thoughtful design! By the way, we were wondering what material you used for the vanity tops-- looks like it might be limestone but it is hard to tell from the pics.

I have to admit to feeling a little silly that every time I post comments on your work it's always some form of emphatic gushing praise... oh well, I guess I can't help myself!

Dan
    Dan the counter tops throughout the home are Cesear Stone which is a man made resin / stone composite . It is about the same cost of granite , but will not stain and is available honed (matte finish) which I used here.
    Thank you for the positive support!
    http://www.caesarstoneus.com/
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Mark,
    I just saw this post and spotted the faucets on the sinks in the master bathroom. They wouldn't happen to be Vola would they ?

If so - nice to see some Danish Design over "there" :-)

P.S. Outstanding job on the design and execution of the pieces you've made. I have to say that your style is much more appealing to me than the shaker style which is rather common here on the creek :-D
    To the shaker enthusiasts out there - please don't take that offensive - but I'm from Europe and we don't see much of that stuff here - so I guess I can blame my taste on the culture over here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Dan the counter tops throughout the home are Cesear Stone which is a man made resin / stone composite . It is about the same cost of granite , but will not stain and is available honed (matte finish) which I used here.
    Thank you for the positive support!
    http://www.caesarstoneus.com/
    Hummm. We were drifting towards soapstone for the next house... but we'll have to give CesearStone a closer look. Wasn't aware that there were any synthetic products offered with a honed surface-- pretty compelling performance relative to the natural materials, too. Thanks!

Dan, while I'm a proponent (and user) of soapstone, the stuff that Mark is using is very nice. His comments about the honed surface are important...Granite stains very easily, even with sealing and honed Granite is nastier in that respect. If you want that look in a natural stone, soapstone and honed slate are viable choices; otherwise, a composite material like the CaesarStone could be a nice fit.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...