Thread: Woody ducks in a row

Woody ducks in a row

These are my Woodie planes set out on the bench today.

L to R, 30" jointer, fore, modified jack shootboard, jack, skew angle panel raiser, match, moving fillister, plow, 3/4 rounding, 5" block, shop made oak skew angle block, osage orange toothing, Adkins rams horn scraper.

My set up the last two days.

Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

2. Did you get any rain in Beatrice? If not it should have been a nice weekend.
    You didn't steal any tines off that hayrake in the background did you? I'm sure you've made a few tools from those things.

Roger, it rained a half inch Friday Night, but non Saturday or Sunday.

I have made lots of flower pot holders out of those type tines and some rose trellas's but personally I don't make tools out of them, some do tho.
    Jr.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!

i`ve raked hay with an old buck type rake like that! tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Jr, you've probably posted this somewhere, but what modifications did you make to the jack for shooting?

Thanks,
    Maurice

Maurice all I did was make sure the fence was square on my tailed jointer and with the iron and wedge out, using the sole against the fence, I shot the right side that would be down on my shootboards, and then put a light coat of bees wax on the new surface.
    Last edited by harry strasil; 06-19-2006 at 5:36 PM.
    Jr.

I used my peg and wedge system to edge plain the tapered legs I sawed out, but forgot to take a picture of the system, Senior Moments are coming more often. LOL
    Jr.

It might be of interest to some that I modified the scraper. It originally had a radiused piece of leather to bow the blade so that it worked, to reset it you had to loosen the two wing nuts and move the blade. I modified it by removing the leather and drilling a 5/16 hole thru the body and tapping it 3/8-16 thread and made a rams horn wing head bolt to push the center of the blade out similar to a Stanley #80 scraper. It really works well, I can take a very light cut or a heavier one, whatever is needed.
    Jr.