Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please read!

Exclamation Please read!

For all of those who don't venture outside the spiny world...
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=38558
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Thanks for the heads-up!

Erin
    For all your days prepare and treat them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear; When you are the hammer, strike.

3. Well I just dipped into the turning fund for another donation to SMC.

I'm challenging all you other turners to do so as well.

I think the Turner's forum is about the most active here at SMC, so lets all show our support.

This place is great, and it saves me money all the time, thus, I think a donation is certainly not a big deal.

Cheers!

Mailing money this weekend when I return home. lets keep the creek flowing without any log jams.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    Well I just dipped into the turning fund for another donation to SMC.

I'm challenging all you other turners to do so as well.

Cheers!
    Amen Stu. I did the same and dipped into my turning fund and made another donation. I have gotten a thousand times more info and knowledge here than what I have paid in.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Sawmill

I really think you should reconsider the advertising issue. You have a great site and it would be easy to attract advertisers and it could be done in a way that does not affect the site in an adverse way. I dont think it would be to long before you could forget your current life and do what you like full time. Over the years I have learned to know many of my competitors as well as people in other areas of wood working and I think it would be a pleasant experience for you working with them as advertisers on your site.

Jim,
    One of the great things about the creek is that without any advertiser creekers can tell there honest opinion about products. With sponser this would not be true. Keep the creek flowing freely, donate your turning bucks, now.

8. Jim, I agree with Don on this one, as long as we can keep it independent, I think we should.

Cheers!

if we can abysserate someone, we certainly can support the forum. check going out this weekend!
    Ned

2B1ASK1

I had no idea. I thought it all happened by magic. That's what computers are to me. Magic. I'll send my donation in as soon as I can.

I, too, cannot tell you how much I have learned from SMC. Much better than any magazine or book. To me anyway.

No adverts, more money.

To me, having a site with no ads and donating once in a while is worth more than a free site with even just a few ads.

And Rich...It IS magic, you're right. But we need to support the magician.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Amen to no advertising. I used to belong to some sites that had the ad's. When you went from one page to the next you had to get by a ad first. Lets keep this thing in house. We have the magic and let's keep it going.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Don's reply

If we had advertisers, why couldn't we be honest about the opinions we post about their products? I would think that any advertiser would want to know what we really think. I have talked to a number of people whose products I use, and without exception, they listen, and are courteous (as am I). In one case, it actually led to some changes. I think that most of the advertisers watch the sites anyway.
    robo hippy

Reed..........who'd control the site? Who would moderate?

IMHO I don't want to see advertisers controling the content of information on this site. If I have a problem with product A I want to be able to say so without it being edited out.

As the first person who was shoved into the vortex and just because of all the wealth of information and the friendship I've gained here........I kicked in again. This place is invaluable!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

They already have the option of "Manufacturer's Forums "...and only a few have taken advantage of it.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan