Thread: Bisquit With A "Q"?

Bisquit With A "Q"?

Ok, so it's late and I'm tired, but what is it with people frequently spelling, "Biscuit" with a, "Q"? Has Bisquik, (the baking mix) become such a popular convenience in kitchens that so many people spell the common wood working word, "Bisquit" with a, "Q"? I'm not saying that I always spell words correctly but in this case I can see no other reason for people to spell this word with a, "Q" other than because of the yellow box of pancake/biscuit mix sitting in their pantry. Yeah, I know, I need a life. This is one of the few forums I visit with a spell checker but I still see it here from time to time too. How come we don't see more people spelling the word, "Clean" like the popular nose tissue, "Kleenex"? "How do you recommend I kleen the blade on my bisquit joiner?" Irregardless, I could care less. Those are two other topics for after another late night after a long drive. Time for bed.

Bruce

Bruce, I no what chew mean. I think its a problem with it's usage or something.

- Vawn

How about the use of bring and take. That is my biggest pet peeve.

Bruce,
    I definately agree that you raze a good cuistion hear.
    Frank

I think I could live with "bisquit" if everybody would learn the difference between "vise" and "vice".
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

In the context of woodworking, I personally am "fond" of folks using "draw" for "drawer".....and spell-checkers don't catch something like that!!c Must be that popular New England-based woodworker's accent that started that one!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

.......ande how about Rail & "style", or a "planner" & "joiner",
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

I may not know beans, but . . .

A contractor recently gave me an estimate for replacing the "lentil" over my garage door. I looked and couldn't find any of those little devils out there.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Childress
    A contractor recently gave me an estimate for replacing the "lentil" over my garage door. I looked and couldn't find any of those little devils out there.
    The cook probably used them all in the soup.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    I think I could live with "bisquit" if everybody would learn the difference between "vise" and "vice".
    Well Lee,
    Consider this; many novice woodworkers join this forum seeking advice. So far so good. Then through time and as woodworking develops for some into a compunction or habit, the lines between “vice”, and “vise” become blurred.
    Just a thought…
    Frank