Thread: Outdoor Furniture

Outdoor Furniture

It took a year but I have finally finished my new deck and now I'm trying to figure out what I want to put on it. It is two levels each about 6 x 12 so it is kinda space challenged. I would like to build some comfortable but not overly large furniture, including chairs and a table for eating. Sorry, but Andirondack chairs don't do it for me. So who can step up and show me samples of what you have built.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

I don't have any personal examples to show but maybe you could build two benches into a corner then a round table with two more individual chairs. The benches will provide good seating without taking up too much room. I have seen this before made out of teak and they looked really nice and provides good capacity without eating up space.

I working on ideas to create a hammock rack for mine.

Peter,
    Check out the teak furniture that Smith and Hawken offers…
    http://www.smithandhawken.com/catalo...door+furniture
    Lots of good design ideas there.
    Frank

Check NYW. I built two of the large lawn chairs he built a few years ago. They are comfortable, sturdy, and durable. They have been outsice continuously for about 4 years now. Here is the site:http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0105
    Oh! Norm made them out of sunken cypress, but I couldn't afford that so made them from pressure treated. I made sure it was dry and painted it. Works fine.
    Last edited by Carl Eyman; 06-30-2006 at 8:44 AM.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Peter said, "I have finally finished my new deck and now I'm trying to figure out what I want to put on it."

Answer: a barbeque, recliner and large cooler of beer. Duh.

Garden Chair

Here is a picture of a Garden Chair from the January, 2004 issue of American Woodworker Magazine. I am in the process of building two of these now and should have them finished in about a week.

The latest issue of Wood Magazine also has a nice Garden Bench in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tipp City, Ohio