Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy and thanks!!

Howdy and thanks!!

I’ve been lurking for almost a year reading and learning and now that my projects are moving along, I just wanted to say hi to everyone. My father passed down his ShopSmith to me back in August and while I don’t get to spend as much time as I would like in the workshop (pseudo workshop, haven’t gotten a chance to actually make it very functional), I’m trying to make that change this summer. I started only wanting to do bowls and while I really enjoy them (only done four so far), I had to look for quicker items to turn. I stumbled on to PSI and found that they are only about 15 minutes away –good for me, bad for my credit card…. Now I’ve started bottle toppers and as of last week I made the investment to do pens. I never thought that I would be much for pens, but I have really enjoyed making them and I hope in a couple of weeks to get involved with Freedom Pens.
    <o =""></o>
    Thanks to everyone for all of their advise over the past year!!!!

....lurking for a year??? Good god man how did you fight the pull of the vortex for so long?

Good to have you here Wayne, looking forward to your posts and remember to always post pics of your projects.

3. Welcome Wayne! Look forward to seeing some of your work posted and getting to know you better.

Welcome to the Creek Wayne!
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Welcome to the Vortex Wayne! Want to have some real fun? Find a tree, cut a chunck, chuck it up, and turn that first Bowl, Box or platter. Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff. What kind of Lathe and equipment do you have. We're nosey, let us know everything. Again Great to have you aboard!
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Bitting
    I stumbled on to PSI and found that they are only about 15 minutes away –good for me, bad for my credit card.
    Welcome to the Creek, Wayne.

It could be worse. I live about 15 minutes away from Woodcraft Ouch

edited to add; I mean that in a good way. I love my Woodcraft store
    Last edited by George Conklin; 07-03-2006 at 1:49 PM.
    Be Blessed

George

Wayne, welcome to SMC! You happen to live in a wonderful area for woodturning...there are so many "movers and shakers" in the area. Please be sure to join Bucks Woodturners, your local AAW chapter. Meetings are on the third Monday of each month (except July and August...summer break) and take place in the wonderful shop at Bucks County Community College in Newtown. It's a great way to meet folks, find mentors, see incredible work and demonstrations and share your own experiences.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Welcome to the Creek Wayne! Wade right in the water's fine! It's just as well you jumped into the Vortex...........the inmates here will shove in if you don't!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

9. Welcome Wayne, psuedo shop or not, we like pictures!

Cheers!

Welcome Wayne one of the great things about turning you can zero in on one item or try them all.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Blog Entries
    Welcom to the Creek Wayne, folks here as I'm sure you've noticed are great. Good knowledge and help in almost any form you can think of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

Welcome to SMC Wayne! Can't wait to see what you create on that Shopsmith!

Corey

Welcome to the Creek Wayne. Got a way to post some of your work. We like pictures as you probably already know.

Ernie

Thanks for all of the well wishes and greetings! I have learned quite a lot since I first started reading so many months ago. I was hoping to post some pics tonight, but it has just gotten too late (wife was busy chatting with all of her friends). Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get some pics up for everyone to see and make comments on. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Welcome to Creek Wayne. Can't wait to see some of your projects. Lots of good folks here and plenty of knowledge.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.