Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated Shop photos and Window Treatment

Updated Shop photos and Window Treatment

I have updated some photos of the inside of the shop. To save space here this link will take you there.
    http://www.superwoodworks.com/Projects/ShopShots.htm

Also following are some recent update photos of a window treatment that has taken place in the shop.
    This page http://www.superwoodworks.com/Projects/ShopWindows.htm has additional photos of the latest window treatment in the shop.
    The carving in the window below came about from a photo my daughter took of me planning a board one day.
    She then drew it on a piece of paper. Then I decided to make it a carving and a component of this window treatment.
    I made the window casings to look like planes to try to tie it all together.
    The woods used are Cherry, Birdseye Maple, Curly Maple (Plane sides) Walnut and Birch, Flame Birch (panels beside the carving) and Yellow Birch (Carving)
    The process involved in making this case with the cherry and Birdseye maple drawers can be viewed on this page
    http://www.superwoodworks.com/Projec...dowDrawers.htm
    Thanks for taking the time to view
    Garry

Thumbs up

Absolutely incredible! That's honestly one of the most inspiring shop additions I've seen. ...so cool.

Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

You talk about dressing up a shop! Great work! Great idea!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Wow, Gary, fabulous. You can see the power of the forearms and hear the swish as that scary sharp iron peels off a fine curly.

Well done. Thanks for sharing. Tom
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

That's incredible work. The carving is amazing. Lars

Amazing... The window is fabulous.....not to mention the great layout in the work shop..

Oh me, another reason for me go out and kick my tools and ask them why they can't do that.

That is just fantastic work. Original, and well excuted, it is a work of art.
    Best Regards, Ken

WOW......I don't know what else to say. wow...

Awesome job!

I like the idea of the French cleats to hang things. Am going to incorporate that idea into my shop. Also, what great window treatments! Whimsical and fun.

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Bob
    Christ! Seven years of college, down the drain! John Belushi

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Extremely unique and well done!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock
    Oh me, another reason for me go out and kick my tools and ask them why they can't do that.
    Very Well Said

Now that's cool! Extraordinary work, Garry!
    Sam/Atlanta

Gary,

That is outstanding. By the way you have the most organized shop, something I am striving to attain. I enjoyed your website.

Way cool Garry, I'm looking forward to seeing those in person when I'm up that way!

What Ken and Greg and the others said. WAY COOL!!! Now you've set my shop rehab back another 40 years!! And I'll never be able to do anything that neat. BRAVO!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.