Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cherry and BE Maple Side Table w/pics....

great job Roy, wonderful design and masterful execution.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Wonderful design and execution. I really like the proportions. I knew, though, that when I saw this in pieces that it would turn out great!

A delight to the eye ... very nicely done

chip

Roy,
    Excellent work and very nice design! This is a great project that requires a lot of skill and you have a lot of that! I may have tried to answer a question or two along the way....but you really created a masterpiece and it really shows!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Roy,

That's beautiful work there, very well done. I like it a lot.

Larry

Roy...that is a beauty! And the photography gets an A+ too!

I am in the middle of making my first piece. it is a smaller shaker style table made of cherry and is similar to the size of your masterpiece. This past weekend I made the mortises (forstner bit and hand chisel) and tapered each leg on the two inside faces. So far, so good. I have a drawer that will have dovetail joinery as well as dovetails joining the top and bottom apron (above and below the drawer) to the front legs. This will be challenging, to say the least, and a bit ambitious, but I look forward to it.

Could you share your sanding and finishing schedule?

Thanks for sharing!
    Matt

What else can I say that hasn't been said? Excellent woodworking and photography.

Roy,

Sorry for not catching this post. I wish I had more time to spend on SMC. Regardless, I'm glad to see that your table turned out so well. Excellent job all the way around. My question is, did you fuss with those dovetails or did you do it per DVD and do it first-fit-best-fit?

The contrast of the cherry and b.e. maple is perfect. Excellent! I'm sure it was very satisfying.

And not bad photo's. Do you know someone in the business?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tuinstra
    Roy,

Sorry for not catching this post. I wish I had more time to spend on SMC. Regardless, I'm glad to see that your table turned out so well. Excellent job all the way around. My question is, did you fuss with those dovetails or did you do it per DVD and do it first-fit-best-fit?

The contrast of the cherry and b.e. maple is perfect. Excellent! I'm sure it was very satisfying.

And not bad photo's. Do you know someone in the business?
    Hey Jason -- good to have you back!!! You have been TOO busy lately....probably too hot in the Garage SHop anyway - it has been here in KC also!!!

I did "fuss" the front HB DT's to fit..... ....too chicken to try and cut them per master guru Rob Cosman. The rear thru DT's I think I could have "forced"...( ) together - but I pared them a little also. At least I knew how to "error" so I could pare back to fit!

It's amazing how some glue, plane work, and finish will fill in most all the errors...

I'm afraid that it may be some time before I can split the scribe marks with the saw and fit per DVD!!! -- but I'll keep trying!

Masterful work Roy. I hope that your daughter had the opportunity to see some of your work, effort and love that went into this wonderful table. I'm sure she will appreciate it for decades.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Lower Shelf

My favorite part is the use of birds eye maple on the lower shelf! Very Neat
    Randy

Absolutely outstanding!!

Phil

Whatever happened to Roy?