Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

First weekend in about a month with no "function" to attend. Install a couple of sliding drawers in the kitchen base cabinets which have already been finished and build a couple more for future installation. Order new sink, faucet and cooktop for kitchen remodel. Clean the shop a little. Supposed to be low 90's but maybe a rainstorm or two and we could use the rain.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Have to load the truck to go to the dump tomorrow to get rid of a bunch of junk that got some water in the recent storms we had here in SE PA. Building some shelves for my wife tomorrow out of ... gulp.... MDF. I have to do it all outside as I try not to cut too much of it in my shop - makes too much of a mess for me. Should be super fun in this heat and humidity. MIL coming Sat night which is fantastic as it allows me to retreat to the shop for the remainder of the weekend consequence free. Hoping to get the rails and stiles on the door panels that I finished a week or so ago for my kitchen project.

gotta unload my new toy

16" jones superior jointer picked it up yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    GONE FISHING !!!
    Attachment 42666
    Way to go Ken. So the fish fry's at your house tonight. What time should we be there?

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Gonna hit 100 saturday and I get to work, inside anyway, so it won't be as bad as the poor techs who work out in the field.

Cleaning the garage in short spurts is planned, temps in the high 90's are getting a bit much for this old guy, so I'll be moving rather slow.

Maybe a bit of golf Sun morn, but I doubt it.

Have monday off and will prob go look at several lumberyards for some pine, plywood and whatever else is out there....hopefully on sale.

Have a safe and well weekend all.

Al

Working at my payin job on Saturday. Sunday put together my new DP then start back to work on my home repair.

More packing. Got to get ready to take another load to AZ on Monday. Going to close escrow on this house on or about Aug. 1 and have 5 day to vacate this place so time is drawing short. I hope to do a little turning before I move the lathe and bandsaw on monday. Were having another couple over on Sunday for a Bar-B-Que.

Buddy John and I will hit the Grizzly tent sale in Springfield, MO. tomorrow and see if theres any goodies there to be had.
    That place is usually wall to wall bodies for a while, so We usually show up there around 10:00 so maybe part of the crowd has cleared out.
    Its held outside on the asphault parking lot, so it's gonna be a hot one probably.

The Family is in California visiting my parents so i am going to run a muck. Fishing 1st thing Saturday morning. Then i am going to layout my new shop Yippee on the yard with stakes and string. After that I am going to Start working on a Grandfather clock kit i got from klockit. Sunday Putter around and work on the clock. Maybe mow the yard.

Ben
    Still trying not to Take Life so Seriously !!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits
    Gonna hit 100 saturday..
    Darn, al, I would not have thought you were a day over 40

I'll be building a TS blade guard for with dust collector attachment
    Building a turn line for the cyclone, and odds and ends for the cyclone and shop.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

Finally a weekend doin's gloat. Heading to Hilton Head for some much needed R & R... and a little golf.
    "When we build, let us think that we build forever." - Ruskin

I just finished up the majority of my Solar kiln, though I have a few odds and ends to do. It seems as if I got it done just in time, its getting kind of hot in there right now. In the 90's here and that is unusual for Maine.

Man do I ever wish it was snowing. Summer definately sucks!

I gotta work. we had a tornado pas through not too far south of here and there is a mess of broken poles and stuff.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

My weekend to work nights...7pm to 7am...so not much of nuthin. Wish I was off...I would be in Springfield tomorrow also(along with Steve and about 2 bazillion others) for the big tent sale. Could pick up the baby drum sander in person. Oh well, probably will actually save me money by working.

Randy
    "Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms"...should be a convience store. NOT a government agency.

I've got a boatload of "work" work to do this weekend (from home), but that'll be indoors under the central air, and much of it late at night.

The shop's gonna be hot this weekend (sounds like a familiar story nationwide), and I don't do early mornings, so any shop time will be in short spurts, hot, and as late as I can do it without disturbing the neighbors. Sunday my BIL will be back over for more work on all his viking re-enactment stuff. Progress is going pretty well on the viking bed project, and I expect to knock out some more of that this weekend.

I do have a chunk of olive wood calling my name, so I might rough out another bowl on the lathe tonight for a break from work.

- Vaughn