Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

Friday July 14th, 2006

Another Friday. Mid summer. Days are already getting shorter.

Not much on my agenda as it's supposed to be mid 90's with humidity to match, so I'm just going to try and figure out where "IT" goes. I've got my wind sock and sun dial to help with directions.

So, what's on the table for this weekend. Fun, games, work, play or.......

Whatever it may be make it a safe weekend.

Karl

P.S. Ken.....KEN!!! Shut off the lathe, come out of the shop and clean the house. And do the dishes while you're at it.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

2. Darn near 98F here, and the humidity is nearly as high!

I hate this time of year, even some wind would be nice

The Dungeon is nice and cool, but I won't get much time down there....

Have to do some work on one of our rental apts, all outside, in the heat...yuck...

Have a good one guys!

Packed Fri/Sat.

Headed to the Harrisburg Senators baseball game with another family tonight.

Tomorrow will be a bit of shop time very early (hope to make a bit of progress on the lumber rack), and then yard work/watch the kids while SWMBO goes to a Cub Scout Day Camp Meeting.

THEN, our church is hosting an FFH concert (http://www.ffh.net/) as the first in a series in York County by First Step Productions.

Sunday, will be Church and rest (maybe I can sneak in a bi of shop time there).

Have a safe weekend everyone!
    -Mike

Tonight is my 15 year high school reunion. The rest of the weekend I will be finishing up installing the sump pump in my shop, then cleaning up the shop. and making a dust hood for the lathe for sanding. Thinking about going to an antique tractor show which would be fun, but its going to be very hot here too.

We're headed to the beach (Kitty Hawk NC). It's way to hot and humid for me to work in shop for free. Sweat and saw dust don"t mix for me. I can't wait for a frost.

Weekend

I plan on finishing the Shaker Console Table I am building for my wife. Hope to get pictures on SMC by Sunday or early in the week. Need to clean out the Smoker from last weeks Rib Barbecuing and mow the lawn. Temperatures here in the high 90's so all of this has to happen early in the day.
    Mike Hill

Form Follows Function

Taking the 8yo daughter fishing this morning and beginning my vacation for the next two weeks. Last week of July I will spend in 5 day professional turning course with Judy Ditmar. May begin a Penn style kitchen hutch this weekend. I have had the curly maple in my shop aclimating for about 3-4 months now.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    GONE FISHING !!!
    boat-001web.jpg
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

A couple of new toys....er, I mean tools, arrived this week. I plan to make use of 'em both. A Freud SD 806 Dado and a Delta tenoning Jig. Sorry...no pics yet, they're not even out of the box yet!
    And the everlasting workbench project continues....
    Mark

No woodworking this weekend. Going to burn some black powder at a French and Indian War re-enactment. Running around in wool - in the sun - 90 degree heat. Great fun.

I'm going to finish up several projects. I made the molding to finally finish the window trim. Everything snowballs. The new sash required new trim. Arrrgh! My galoot tool cabinet is half done, and now to get the rest if it done so I can start on 3 jewelry boxes for my nieces.

agenda:
    1) raid the tool crib at the BORG (new sander, and laminate trimmer)
    2) Set up awning, scroll new address and name signs for mailbox (put up new mailbox also)
    3) buy new Dryer for house
    4) scroll wedding gift for friend's daughter
    5) finish building rolling bench
    6) empty out shed, move stuff to storage unit
    7) build shelves for storage unit
    Ned

2B1ASK1

Plan on hiding out in the shop for the weekend to hide from the heat.
    It stays nice in cool in the shop as long as the doors and windows remain closed.
    I plan on roughing out a few more cherry and maple burls for turning and carved out bowls.
    Garry

I'm working on my workbench (getting the trestle legs finished and start the top), then building a golf caddy....

I get to move all my equipment to the storage side of my shop building so they can strip and repaint my shop floor due to a botched paint job last year.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.