Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

My son turns 6 in the morning. So screaming hordes of little boys at ChuckECheese is on the agenda. After that, probably 27 ibuprofin and a nap.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Howdy Karl,

I'm going to HAVE to be in the shop this weekend. Too hot and humid to work outside, so I guess I'll just have to suffer working inside the shop where it will be cooler.!!!

Making good progress on the legs for the computer desk. Also taking some time to continue the turning education for my 11 year old son Joseph.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Dad recently moved to our area...

and he asked me a couple of weeks ago when we were going fishing. We have fished together ONE time in our lives! So...

He's been to the library checking out every book they have on fly fishing, which is about all the fishing I do anymore, and way too little of that. He picked up a fly rod, had me help him set it up, practiced a little, and bought some terminal gear. He is serious!

So Sunday afternoon I hope to be standing in 60 degree water! That will feel sooo good with our temps about to hit 90. Of course, being in Arkansas, this is a tailwater not a nice beautiful free stream. But our trout get BIG and they are calling my name.

David

I'm putting a shed together in the yard, that will take some storage out of the garage and free up more room for my stuff.

Cutting a hole in the shop wall to fit an air conditioner.

Maybe getting to the point I can reorganize the shop and get my new workbench installed.
    "Well, yeah, seven smoothers may SEEM like enough, but you have to understand..."

Got to watch the Orkin guy for 6 hours treating for termites. Weeeeee!!!
    But then got serious and decided where the AC is going to be installed in the shop (2 car garage).

Upper cabinets

Other than trying to stay cool (it's hot for Michigan!), worked on making some upper cabinets for my workshop. First time trying to use biscuits (gotta learn sometime!) and figured screwing up workshop cabinets is the way to go. Also made four new bird houses using cedar fencing I got on sale. Other than that, wedding and graduation party! Hope all are well!
    Christ! Seven years of college, down the drain! John Belushi