Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New turners challenge. Tyler and Frank this is for you

New turners challenge. Tyler and Frank this is for you

OK now that the Abyse has taken it's lathest victims. I am challenging Tyler and Frank to a Bonker challenge. Ken's first piece was a bonker then I think that both Frank and Tyler should each make there first turning a Bonker. So come on, show us what you got lets see your bonkers. (Tyler no thonged bonkers, keep it PG) The turners who participated in the bombing )both actual and simulated will be the judges...
    Last edited by Don Baer; 07-18-2006 at 1:53 AM.

Okay you two............this is it! One on One......Man to Man......The pressure's on!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I think in order for this challenge to be official we should set a date. My Birthday is comming up so lets make the date for entries to be in, my birthday.. Oh it's August 12th so that gives em almost a month. Post your entries on this thread...

Side bets, side bets......

Anyone giving odds? I've got 10 on Tyler.........after all, a bonker is just a big pen!!!
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

So Frank, Tyler are ya up to the challenge.

Don, they may be too busy playing with their new lathes to check in at the creek.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Frank? Me, Frank?
    I have osage orange and could make a bonker that would bonk other bonkers back to sawdust.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    I'll take that challenge but I'll have to beg for a later start date.
    1. This time of year is just swamped at work. Construction season.
    2. Headed to 5 Barns on Thu.
    3. New house hunt.
    4. Old house remuttling.
    5. 2 week vacation in Desolation Sound BC. next month.
    Being Abysserated could not have come at a worse time.
    I fear these fine treasures may not see day light till after the first snow fall. .

Be patient with me .
    Thanks

TJH

TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tyler, that lathe is small enough you could take it on board while you're sailing. that is what you'll be doing in Desolation Sound, right?

Turned bonkers

Don,
    I have been in such a lather of late I even my head is spinning. This is a very busy time for me right now and I am also preparing for a two week trip to AZ where gf lives (Catalina). Her son is getting married in Sedona, then will be visiting friends and family here and there as well as working on the growing honey-do list.

I feel that Tyler and I have a special kinship within the community of Abysserees that others may not understand or appreciate.

Your suggestion that we each turn bonkers is a timely idea… oh, right, we have already turned bonkers, how could I forget.

Perhaps, armed with our bonkers we could bonk some sense into one another when we detect the other is turning bonkers.

Hmmm, many possibilities here, will bonk on this.

Frank
    Last edited by Frank Chaffee; 07-19-2006 at 6:10 PM.

Tyler,
    I'm sure Bill has a spare lathe where you could turn your bonker so theres no excuse. Frank, since you comming to AZ anyway. My lathe is set up and I have all of the materials and tools you'll need to turn your bonker, that is if you don't mind the 115 degree heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer
    Tyler,
    I'm sure Bill has a spare lathe where you could turn your bonker so theres no excuse. Frank, since you comming to AZ anyway. My lathe is set up and I have all of the materials and tools you'll need to turn your bonker, that is if you don't mind the 115 degree heat..
    I'm going to Arizona?
    No matter, even if I'm not who I think I am , my bonker is already 75% finished. Haven't made shavings in several days with other things taking my time, went right at it.

Let's be Frank...

...oh wait, that job's already taken...
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Frankenzie turnglish, anyone?

To be Frank, or to be franked? That is the question.

Ah, Daniel Webster ain’t got nothin’ on me now that I have been Abysserated!

Get a load of my new historical perspective.

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned
    Nor hell a fury like a Franker Abysserated –Wm. Frankspeare

Power tends to void; absolute power voids absolutely. Great turners are almost always bad men. –Lord Frankton

Abysserate me down, Scotty. - Frank T. Kirk

Damn it Jim! I’m a doctor not a turner... –Leonard McFrank

Just the facts Ms. Jet, did that man have turning relations with you? –Joe Frankday

Elementary, my dear Travis. –Surefrank Holmes

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and curlies. –Winfrank Chaffell

Turning is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the void of an avoiding world and the abysmal soul of soleless people. It is the Moxie of the people. –Karl Franx

Friends, Romans, Turners, Lend me your bonkers. –Julius Augustus (I am a first decan Leo, but please don’t send me anything else for my birthday. Thanks!)

Lead on McHoyt. –annon.

Double dog dared and double crossed too, my lathe is spinning out of hand and my vessel’s over boiling too. –Troubled Bubble McFrank (Beth’s brother).

Me Frank, you Jane. –Frankzan

You turned it for her, you can turn it for me. …If she can stand to be latherized I can! Turn it! –Humfrank (don’t) Bogart…

I am not a turner. –Richard Franxon

Spare the skew, spoil the bowl. –Bible, King Frank Version

I woke up this mornin’ and I got myself a lathe... –Jim Morrison, with whom I briefly hung out backstage. Noughta lotta difference between his music and that of the Abyss, wouldn’t you agree?

Et tu, John Miliunas?
    Frank Chaffee,
    The Wholly Abysserated One

Dear Frank, after reading previous, methinks you need to be put out. Not as in outdoors, out as in unconscious. I'm Frankly freaked. That's frankin' frightful.
    Oh, well, it's 103 outside, better in shop. Made shavings and bonker. Made from Frank's own osage orange. a little over 14" long.
    Attached Images Attached Images