Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is my first project!

This is my first project!

Hi all,

I am new here and i like to read your topic about the world of woodworking. This is a great forum about my hobby.

I have just finish my first project and i am very proud of it.

I am very perfectionist and you can see a lot of imperfection but i have to see at large. I have to take consider its my first one! I dont use any planner or jointer to built that furniture. All you can see (leg, colomn, moulding except the maple leaf) its made from my hand. I use router, orbital sander, biscuit jointer, table saw and scroll saw to built it and take about one month.

I want your input about my first project. Dont be shy and give me your real impression and advice. I very like to work with wood and all i want, its to be better. Its why i want your help!! Unfortunately, during the transport we make small damage on the legs...

Thanks a lot!

p.s. sorry for my english, i am from quebec, canada and my first language is french!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stallone tremblay; 07-19-2006 at 7:47 PM.

Well time for me to sell my tools. If thats your first project then It's time for me to quit. Excellent work for your first or 1001 th project you have good reason to be proud.

Welcome to the creek and I am sure that the picture police would approve.

Stallone,

Votre menuiserie est tres magnifique! Pour mois, le Francais est tres difficile aussi. Mais, je veux dire que votre project est, simplement, beau!

Avec mes sentiments les plus haut.

Art

P.S. Je habite Oregon, sur le rive de la Riviere Rogue.

(What I have attempted to say in French is this: Your cabinetwork is very nice! For me, French is also very difficult. But I would like to say that your project is simply beautiful. P.S. I live in Oregon, on the bank of the Rogue River.)
    Last edited by Art Davis; 07-19-2006 at 7:53 PM.

Wow....for your first project...this is amazing...

What kind of wood did you use..maple?

You should be proud if it....it's beautiful.

1st time? Get out of here!

Stalone, if that's your first ever wood project you made us all look like amateur's. What kind of wood ? Cherry?

Thumbs up Beautiful!

Stallone, you bring new meaning to the term "perfectionist"! WOW!!! I've been making sawdust (do that part real well!) for a number of years and I'm not sure I could pull off what you've shown us here and, certainly not in a month's time!!! Beautiful and, oh BTW, welcome to the Creek!!! Awesome first impression!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Stallone,

We have stores over here that sell furniture well below the standard of your work. You have done a most fantastic job and it is hard to believe that it is only your first project. I can't wait to see your 3rd project if your first was this good.

By the way..... WELCOME to SMC!

Stallone, That is a great piece of work. Better than I've seen at the furniture stores, for sure. Congratulations............. and thank you for giving me a big dose of humility. ;-)

Mike

Welcome to the Creek, Stallone. You did a beautiful job on the cabinet. As others have said, if that's your first project, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next one. It will be hard to improve on the beautiful piece you have already completed. Very well done. Très bon!

- Vaughn

welcome to the creek and fantastic work .. what is your next project

lou

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Creek.

Excellent woodworking...
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Sorry, Stallone; but you're completely wrong.

Your first language appears to be woodworking and the message comes through loud and clear. Well done, and welcome to SMC.
    Only the Blue Roads

Stallone...........Welcome to the Creek! Your 1st project.....very well done! Excellent! Looking forward to viewing your future work!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

That is really excellent (superior) work!! What is the wood, what was your finish and did you do the dentil work in the crown?? Very impressive. Hard to believe its your first..We (I) are not worthy...Whats your next project??
    Jerry

Simply outstanding and for a first project yet!! What is the finish on the piece - it looks great. Welcome aboard!

Bob
    bob m