Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saws, space and money...

Rob,

I can't find it, but not too long ago I saw a post where the shop was in the bathroom of the apartment! If anyone knows who that was or can find the thread, Rob might get some tips there.

Funny you should say that - I moved my own work into the bathroom this Winter! I enjoyed working outside a lot, especially on fine days, but you're just too dependent on the weather - I didn't like the idea of having to give up the turning for the whole of Winter, and possibly much of the spring as well. So now, I set up the lathe across the top of the sink (it's the only spot in there that has room for it), and vacuum up after I'm finished every time.

It's probably one of the cleanest workshops in America, come to think of it...

I don't think there's room for the table saw in there, but I'm off to see if I can't rearrange things to make it fit anyway...
    The skew chisel is Not My Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wilkins View Post
    Funny you should say that - I moved my own work into the bathroom this Winter! I enjoyed working outside a lot, especially on fine days, but you're just too dependent on the weather - I didn't like the idea of having to give up the turning for the whole of Winter, and possibly much of the spring as well. So now, I set up the lathe across the top of the sink (it's the only spot in there that has room for it), and vacuum up after I'm finished every time.

It's probably one of the cleanest workshops in America, come to think of it...

I don't think there's room for the table saw in there, but I'm off to see if I can't rearrange things to make it fit anyway...
    Now I've heard of about everything I guess .
    I lathe in the head.

Here I thought I was odd for stashing extra stanley planes in my shop bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Now I've heard of about everything I guess .
    I lathe in the head.

Here I thought I was odd for stashing extra stanley planes in my shop bathroom.
    Ahh, don't knock it. It's amazingly convenient - there's not far to go when you gotta go...
    The skew chisel is Not My Friend.