Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

Friday July 21st, 2006

Well, I'm a little late today with the thread. Got a lot to think about lately. Grand daughter gets back from 3 weeks summer camp today, so been getting her room squared away.

Not a lot planned for the weekend. May try to find some carpet and finish the cat house/scratching post I started last week.

So what's on your plate for the weekend? Good, bad or ugly. We want to know.

Whatever it may be enjoy and make it safe.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I will be in the shop all weekend

I will be in the shop all weekend. I am building a wet bar for and have been playing with the way I want to do the legs. I have about decided. I have them glued up and ready for the band saw, so I will be doing legs and carcass Saturday.

But (gasp) I am working with MDF and paint so I can cover my mistakes. I am just forwarning you so when I post a pic or 2 after I finish you all will be prepared. That way I may not see as much backlash for playing with MDF and not real wood. Will I get kicked out of the creek?

In and out of the Shop

Looking forward to finishing a regulator clock I built and will spend time with LOML of 41 years. She is a Surgical Tech, but now works 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mon thru Fri. So we now get to spend weekends together. Hotter than Heck here, but some rain expected over the weekend.

Mike
    Mike Hill

Form Follows Function

Some decent shop time on Saturday. Make another kitchen cabinet drawer (still working on getting decent dovetails). Sunday I have to work the real job in the PM so probably won't get much done.

Hot and humid here but maybe a little relief by Sunday, they say.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

5. I only get Sunday off, and at that, I still usually work some.

I've got my lathe stand torn out and ready for a major upgrade, I sure hope I can get it done on Sunday!

Cheers!

Not really a lot planned, the LOML may be going to get her nephew to spend the next eek with us. I hope to make a prototype of some outside furniture my brother is wanting me to make. Other than that hope to be able to spend some quality time with the family.
    David

Exclamation Weekend

Well, tonight I am working on glueing up oak for raised panels for an entertainment center. Tomorrow a wedding and on Sunday route the panels and rails and stiles. I am making these from solid oak. First time I have not used plywood. Paying attention to wood movement so I don't have a problem.

Jerry

Seeing as it is my son's 5th birthday this weekend (my how time flies!) I doubt I will get a lot of time in the shop. My parent's are coming down tomorrow afternoon and will stay through the rest of the weekend.

I have had a chance to fire up my new table saw and router and both are working great! I am almost ready to dry fit a table top bookshelf that I have made using them, and if I do get a chance to sneak down there, that is what I will be working on. Nothing special, just red oak and M&T joinery. I am toying with giving it to my dad as a gift, but I doubt it will be ready before he leaves. His birthday is in October, so that will give me time to finish it up and get it 'just right'.

Blog Entries
    My weekend activites are going to be decided by the weather for the most part. My plans for tomorrow (Sat) included taking in the stock car racing per my usual weekly habit, but the forcast is making me believe that that might be thrown into the crapper. I have some research work that could be done. I have been compiling the career winning record of a Northeast legend and I have yet to start on entering all of the information into a spreadsheet. That would take up some time while waiting for the rain to stop. Sunday of course will be NASCAR day with the guys over. Another day of deep fried fish and beer. It will either be sunfish or salmon - either way, it will be yummy. Gotta try to do some yard cleaning after the vicious storm we had the other night which took out our electric and had me digging out the generator at near 11:00PM so that I could still use my CPAP machine to sleep. Can't do without it anymore.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Will paint a room or 2 for LOML and yard work on Saturday. Hope to get in some shop time sometime over the weekend. Church, NASCAR and calling some old friends (and a new one) on Sunday.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I wish I could say I was in the shop all weekend, but its too hot to be working in there, over a hundred tomorrow! I am planning to get my house painted in the next few months, so the woodworking may have to stop for a brief while! Have a good weekend all!
    Michael and Sally Pfau
    Grant Creek Woodworks
    Missoula Montana
    www.grantcreekwoodworks.com

Working at my payin job all weekend. No fun time this time around.

Lynndale hardware had a "going out of business sale" and had everything 50% off, I now have 2 gallons of white paint, assorted hardware, woodscrews to last a year..or two, assorted stains/varnishes and a can or two what something that I'm not sure what it is (it was on sale.. ) and a bag or two of stuff.
    So....I'll have a cheap weekend as the stash fund is pretty much gone.

I'll be back cleaning the garage today and hope to be able to run the Basswood though the new jointer and planer I have, wife has said we'll be playing golf today also....so maybe saw dust will happen Sunday.

Be safe and well.

Al

Howdy Karl,

Still working on the computer desk project. The new owner came by last night as we covered the fine details of how things need to be. So now, I can make some serious progress.

I play bass again at church on Sunday, family time with the family Sunday afternoon, and the LOML's sister, husband, and their 2 kids will be here from Alabama to visit with us for a week, so I'll be taking time with them.

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

weekend

Have an ugly job ahead of me: in the recent sorms, my water softener went off cycle which showed me a clogged up pipe w one way valve to exit the waste. So (UGH) I'll dismantle system this Am and clean out and reinstall. Then I'll need to be "hosed down' to be fit for man or beast. Then I can do some fun WWing: fitting a fence to the router table, installing mobile base, etc. Little grandaughter is here overnite (8 mos old) which brightens the day.
    Jerry