Thread: How do I remove the "horizon" in Sketchup?

How do I remove the "horizon" in Sketchup?

Another simple question:

When I start Sketchup, there is apparently a "horizon" with blue sky above and a yellow-green "earth" below divided horizontally across my screen. Removing the axes doesn't remove this "horizon." How can I get rid of this and start with simply a blank white screen?

Thanks for any response.

Roger, go to Window>Model Info>Colors, then uncheck Sky and ground.
    Last edited by Joe Wood; 07-24-2006 at 9:48 AM.

Roger, go to Window>Model Info>Colors and uncheck the boxes for ground and sky. You can make the background colors whatever you want by clicking on the colored square and adjusting the color.

Joe won again.

Thanks, Dave and Joe. I knew it was simple but didn't know where to find it. (I'm just starting to use Sketchup, obviously!)

One final question:

Is there any way to make the background color completely white? When I try to use the color wheel to adjust the color of the background, I am always just slightly non-white - just a little brownish or greenish. On the "Model Info" screen, there is an apparently pure white on the "Face Front" color, but I can't get this color into the "Background" apparently because I can't get my cursor in the correct spot on the color wheel.

Thanks again for your help.

Roger, on the Choose Color dialog, do the drop down to change from "Color Wheel" to RGB or one of the others. Then, set all values to 255 for R, G & B.

Todd

I do what Todd suggested but I use the sliders and just slide it all the way to the right I believe.

Thanks Todd, that worked. I have now downloaded the SketchUp User Manual (over 9 MB in PDF format) so I hope to be able to find some of these answers myself. Thanks again.