Thread: Free Timberwolf Blade with G0555?

Free Timberwolf Blade with G0555?

Hello all-

I recently ordered the Grizzly Ultimate bandsaw, and even though it hasn't arrived yet, I feel like a kid at Christmas... Anyway, I'd read review upon review that the blade that comes with the machine isn't good for cutting cheese (pun intended), much less wood. So I figured that I would order a Timberwolf blade at the same time so I could hit the ground running. I ordered a 3/8" 4TPI blade, and sent the order in.

However, when I get the confirmation email, Grizzly apparently automatically throws in a FREE Timberwolf blade already! Why don't they advertise this?!? Not that I'm complaining all that much, but I could have saved myself the cost of another blade (presumably of the same size and teeth), or gotten a different size blade than the one I ordered!!

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Cheers,
    Jason

Congrats on the new bandsaw. I had that saw, with the riser, and it was just great.

You'll still want the new blade even it's the exact same one. Alot of folks advise new bandsaw users to have an extra blade or two in case of hitting a nail or other bad thing, breakage, getting dull and stuff like that. I took that advise; When I had a bandsaw I liked to keep three of each type of blade that I used. When one would need replacing I would have one to use and still have one for back-up, just in case, while waiting for the replacement. Unless I was sawing rocks, which sometimes hid themselves in my wood, I would never be without a blade that I needed for a particular job. They're not that expensive.

Just my thoughts.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

I bought my G0555 a couple of years ago and didn't get a free Timber Wolf blade. TW did have a buy three, get four deal though. They were very easy folks to deal with and may be willing to send you a different blade then the one you ordered or exchange it if you don't want to have a back up.

Four years ago, I got a mystery blade with my G0555. It was OK, no complaints. But when I switched to a T'wolf I was flat amazed at the improvement. Later they put Olsen blades on for a while. Now, it seems, they are going with T'wolf. That a thumbs up for the China importer that everyone loves to hate.

Heeeyyy, I love to love Grizzly, that big ol' huggable importer.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

I'd read the same thing about T'wolf blades included with the Grizzly G0555, as well as an extra T'wolf 105" in with the riser kit. I saw mention in the Grizz catlog of essentially a 'free surprise' with each order too.

Sadly, neither the G0555 my wife got me for my birthday (this past April) nor the riser kit I ordered shortly thereafter came with anything other than a stock blade.

I too plan to take advantage of the T'wolf buy 3 get one free deal once I determine the most useful sizes for my work.

Adam

I just got mine a few weeks ago

I just got mine a few weeks ago, and I ordered the riser block too. I got the free blade with the order. I think it was listed on the confirmation of the order. Problem is, now that I have the riser block on it - it does me no good. But, I did order a few 105" Woodslicers to go on it, and they are really good.

Just keep it, you'll use it.

Band saw blades are disposables...be glad you have a spare to put on the machine as soon as you need to without waiting for a new order to arrive. (And buy your Timberwolf blades directly from Suffolk Machinery for the best prices)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I think Suffolk Machinery always has a buy 3 get one free deal for new customers. I don't know if this applies to existing customers since I've only placed one order.

I can't say enough good things about Suffolk Machinery!!! They steered me away from more costly blades because they explained the blades wouldn't work as well for my purposes (green wood). Needless to say, I was pretty impressed with their honesty and knowledge. They even threw in a little guide to help you tune up your BS and set blade tension properly.

Dick

Update, and more questions...

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Here's how it panned out: I had ordered a 3/8" x 4TPI Timberwolf blade to replace the stock blade that came shipped on the saw. The free TW blade that came with the order was a 1/2" x 3TPI blade. Good news for me...

Anyway, I'm very happy with the saw so far. Assembly went well, and (as far as I can tell) only needed very minor adjustments during setup. Two minor issues with it - the left blade guard was cracked, and the lower door catch was broken - were taken care of promptly by a quick email to Grizzly, and replacement parts are on the way...

I've also picked up Duginske's Bandsaw Handbook, but it's still not quite clear to me: should the wheels be perfectly co-planar even after tracking is taken into account? It appears to me that my saw's upper wheel is slightly tilted when the blade is riding the ridge of the upper tire. I can adjust the tracking to bring the wheels into coplanar alignment, but then the blade will not ride the crest of the upper tire. Does the saw need more adjustment?