Was visiting Portland on business, so decided to take the time to meet both Steve Knight and Mike Wenzloff.

There was a spotting of Steve Knight's Pocket Infill (for better or worse of a name) in Porltand on Friday. What a cute and nice looking plane, not in it's complete state, but getting there.

Was good to meet Steve Knight, as it was to meet Mike Wenzloff, who was so kind to pick me up and drive me over to Steve's.

Mike was also kind to invite me to his house to see his shop, and show me saws, and my oh my, there was exotic hardwoods and tools hidden all over the house. Mike has some beautiful hardwoods to make handles with, and his saws are beautiful.

Nice to meet a couple of the toolmakers of our community.

I'm glad I can support them and buy tools from them. Unlike some others who seem to feel that there's no reason to support the tool makers of our day, and buy old tools because they're cheaper, I feel there is justice in supporting the tool makers of today so that these very tools will also be vintage one day.

Thanks to the folks that make woodworkig tools, without them we'd be a lot worse off.