Thread: Bosch Cordless Tools- Listen up!

Bosch Cordless Tools- Listen up!

Hey all,

I received this note from the head of the cordless dept at Bosch.

They asked that I would give you a heads up.

Here it is.
    Hi Per,
    One other thing, it looks like there are quite a few Bosch cordless tool users on your message board. Would you please recommend that they sign up for PROVANTAGE? It is our Cordless tool warranty program, the only catch is you have to sign up and register the tool(s) you purchase. It is free, just takes a few minutes to sign up. This program is above and beyond our normal warranty (30 day money back, 1 year service protection, 1 year warranty). PROVANTAGE has a two year warranty on the batteries (if your battery fails within two years we'll replace it free) and 3 years on the tools (first year tool is replaced, 2nd and 3rd years we'll repair it for free).
    I know I rarely, if ever, read the materials that come in the box on the products I purchase, so I like to spread the word to try to help our users get the best programs possible.
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Thanks, Per, and here is a bump for this message.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

The Provantage guys and gals have shipped me replacement parts via overnight air, at no cost whatsoever. They also include a pre-paid UPS sticker (let's think about that....PRE-PAID) for you to send back the offending part to the company. Pretty nice feature.
    I think that it is true enough that Bosch, Makita and Dewalt all make solid-performing tools, but what makes me a Bosch loyalist (except for my nasty Festool habit) is this service policy. Because let's face it, your drill rarely breaks when you are not using it.
    I wish they'd get their lith-ion stuff out sooner.

Yeah, thanks Per. And another bump so I can be like Chris.

I've joined up with Milwaukee's version of the Provantage club. I didn't think that I would ever have to see it again but when my six month old, 13 amp Sawzall let the smoke out, It was a realtively simple and (a little less realtively) quick process. No troubles and it came back fit and fine. they have a 5 year warranty period.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Guess I better get my two 12volt bosch blue core battery drills registered, that I bought in February.