Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spend my money on a new BS

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fisher
    I'm going to call about the MM today. I didn't know about show pricing. How does one find out about that, other than calling the company?

-Joe
    They are nice guys... calling them will be a pleasure, not something to avoid.

BTW, I love my MM24 and my MM combo.

Oh, I'm not trying to avoid calling them, I was just wondering if the special pricing was something they advertised. Had I known about it in the first place, my decision would have been a lot simpler!

-Joe

I'm going to call about the MM today. I didn't know about show pricing. How does one find out about that, other than calling the company?
    They send out fliers a few times a year on special promotions...of course, they only go to folks who have contacted them in some way and provided the necessary information. But there are a lot of MM owners here and we tend to be a vocal bunch and mention promotions that we know of...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Legend
    Hey Joe, why didn't you post this question in turning? Wouldn't it be of more help to you?
    i`m begining to think that maybe it`d be a good idea for somebody to review " new members" given the deleeted post by this joker and the hack a week ago...... tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans
    i`m begining to think that maybe it`d be a good idea for somebody to review " new members" given the deleeted post by this joker and the hack a week ago...... tod
    Some poor, sad folks just have nothing better to do than cause trouble in Internet forums.

They need a hobby. Like woodworking

Thanks to everyone else for their advice so far. I'm going to call MM now...

-Joe

Todd,
    We had the same suggestion when Wood first posted sometime back. As it turns out Wood is his first name and Lergend is his last name. He posted in the OT froum.

don, if you missed the post that got deleeted, this "person" needs to come visit me to get his attitude straightened out! i`ll bet my shop he`s not 77 years old further i`d wager eating crow that his name isn`t as portrayed. this may very well be the same joker who thought it funny to hack the site? tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

I'd say the only correct sign up information he's supplied is his Occupation:
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Well, I thought it was more of a general power tool than a turning-specific question. I do want to get into (gasp!) more flat work, so posting here seemed to make sense

-Joe
    That's not the story I saw you give elsewhere....but it is a very good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Rudd
    That's not the story I saw you give elsewhere....but it is a very good answer.
    That's because in my original post on WN I wasn't considering doing much flat work. I've since given it some thought, and decided if I'm going to buy a big bandsaw, I'm going to learn to use it for other things besides making bowl blanks. Hence, my post here.

I hope that explains things well enough.

-Joe

Like I said...a good answer.

Hey guys, I think we're being duped. The last thread that got contentious had an "oldster" causing trouble too. All I can say is, the "ignore" list is a handy item, and I've got a couple more names on it.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

I not sure I understand why you think my post was causing trouble. I was merely stating a fact. Folks shouldn't get "ignored" or banned over facts. And they certainly shouldn't get banned over an opinion that's presented politely....
    Last edited by Erik Rudd; 08-02-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Rudd
    I not sure I understand why you think my post was causing trouble. I was merely stating a fact. Folks shouldn't get "ignored" or banned over facts. And they certainly shouldn't get banned over an opinion that's presented politely....

Sorry Erik, The post was not meant for you. My apologies.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Thanks. No worries.