Thread: Another CS Success - This time it's Grizzly

Another CS Success - This time it's Grizzly

I recently ordered a 3/4" mortising chisel/bit for my mortiser from Grizzly. Based on the price, I knew I was taking the low-budget route, but for my hobbyist needs, I was willing to put up with a little less refinement. (I have a set of Shop Fox chisels that are plenty serviceable for my needs, and assumed the Grizzly version would be comparable.) When it arrived, it was less "refined" than I'd hoped. I won't bore you with the details, but it was basically unusable. After spending a decent part of last Sunday trying to get this chisel to work (sharpening it and adjusting the depth of the inner drill bit), I gave up on it and did my 20-odd mortises with a router. (The new chisel couldn't even square up the routed mortises without jamming.)

Monday I sent an e-mail to Grizzly Customer Service explaining the difficulties I'd had with the bit. Considering the low price I'd paid, I didn't figure it was worth paying shipping to return the bit, but I wanted to give their QC department a heads-up that the bit wasn't workable. Within a couple hours, I got a reply from a Grizzly rep apologizing for the difficulties, and telling me the purchase price (and shipping) would be credited to my charge card. I was also told to keep or dispose of the bit as I saw fit.

From comments I'd seen on SMC, I knew Grizzly has a reputation for good service, but this was my first time to need to find out myself. Kudos to Grizzly for handling my issue quickly and with no questions asked.

- Vaughn

Very nice to hear Vaughn...glad you got it resolved. I am not a big fan of Grizzly, but that said they did respond very well to my two calls. Glad you got a good response and good service!

3. Vaughn - Sorry about the inconvenience. Could you PM me the model number of that chisel? I want to check stock and see if all are bad.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia
    Vaughn - Sorry about the inconvenience. Could you PM me the model number of that chisel? I want to check stock and see if all are bad.
    Thanks.
    Now, this is exactly what I call customer service! I am waiting for my latest order from Griz and I have never been disappointed.

Every dealing I've had with Grizzly has been positive...

I've alway had good service from Grizzly. I live close enough to go to the Headquarters store in Bellingham Washington. I have met Bill Crofutt whom has helped me with a small problem or 2 a great representative for Grizzly & a gentleman.

I have to say though I know he's there somewhere in the background I haven't seen or met Shiraz Balolia yet.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia
    Vaughn - Sorry about the inconvenience. Could you PM me the model number of that chisel? I want to check stock and see if all are bad.
    Thanks.
    PM sent, and many thanks for the follow-up. [Insert happy camper icon here]

- Vaughn

I hope we get a follow up on the rest of the chisel stock
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

FYI, within the last 6 months I ordered several mortising chisels for my drill press mortising attachment from Grizzly. They worked fine for the price.

I sure am happy with my Grizzly equipment.

I am saving up for a wide belt sander and yes, it will be a Grizzly.

Just still not sure what one I need.

Glad you got it worked out Vaughn.

Corey