Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notice

Sorry to hear you're in pain, Harry, and I hope you heal up quickly. I live with pain (though not as bad) and it can be very debilitating. (Somehow, my reply last night got eaten).

2. Harry,

I know what you are talking about. I broke my vertebral collumn about 11 years ago.
    I have to do every morning my exercises in order to be pain free.

Wish you all the best and hope you can consult skilful doctors who are able to help you.
    Bernhard

3. Get better Harry!

Haven't had much time but for the occassional post, but have enjoyed the heck out of the story...

Take care, Mike

Harry, I 've very much enjoyed your story and the tutorials you have been posting here. Your common sense approach to woodworking has given me a lot to think about. Take care of yourself and take the time to heal.

Geoff.

Well, I survived the second Epidural shot and in a month they going to try a stimulator on me, if it works it will get implanted. I hope its not the same frequency as the neighbors garage door opener.

Be kinda strange if my wife has to go ask the young neighbor lady to quit turning me off and on.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

6. Sounds like your funny bone is still in one piece

Too bad Jnr. I have the same problem, and it took 2 & 1/2 years before I became pain free.
    Pilates (which I initially thought was another exercise-fashion 'con') and exercise worked for me - hope you can find an answer as well.

Beware the pain medication - almost everything I tried made me stupid while I was on it.

Iyengar yoga has been helping me (and reducing my pain level and increasing my stamina). Many yoga and pilates exercises share a common root.

hey harry

Be kinda strange if my wife has to go ask the young neighbor lady to quit turning me off and on. [/quote]

yup yup, hey bud, get well soon, we're all with you.

PS pass me that opener.

Ken

Hope you are pain free soon, Harry. Looking forward to seeing you back regularly. And don't lose that sense of humor!

Looks like we are all pulling for you Harry, I know I am, write when you can and don't overdo it.

Harry, take care. I understand as I occassionally get "flareups" with my knee/back. What has helped me for those times is an inexpensive wireless router etc (well under $100) and firing up my old laptop (6-7 yrs old)using a wireless card. Gets me through those tough times. Hope you get well soon..
    Jerry

Pain meds

My wife has compression fractures in her lower back due to osteoporosis. The pain was bad enough that she had a couple ambulance rides because she couldn't sit up or move. After being hospitalized and on industrial-strength (zombie-state inducing) pain meds, she's now using a fentanyl patch, 25 mcg. strength. She has had Physical Therapy which may also be helping. The fentanyl patch seems not cause mental clarity problems.

HTH

Curt

Good to hear

Do the epedurals help any? The first they tried on me helped but after that, nada (3 more). Also, I had a real wierd side effect in that 2-3 days after, I got real bad aches, pains and chills all along my spine and most joints. Kinda like a bad case of the flu.

Glad to hear about the stimulator. They have helped many people. This is the other main treatment these days along with the implanted pump. In fact, the stimulator is preferred because it does not use drugs, just electrical stimulation of the nerves.

Anyway, I hope it goes well for you, there is nothing more debilliatating that being in high levels of pain all of the time.

Please let us know how it goes.

Sherwood
    SHERWUD in the beautiful sierra foothills East of Fresno, CA

Most people are lucky that pain killers work on them, I am one of the ones that they have little if any effect on unfortunately. I guess I would make a poor drug addict. LOL

Past expieriences;
    In the military, they gave me 5 of the morphine sterets (SP) when I was shot, No effect. When they got me down off the mountain in a private vehicle, they stopped at a civilian hospital, they explained the situation and I was given 300 mg of demoral, well it made it somewhat managable.
    10 tylenol 3 ( half grain of codine) had no effect on me another time.
    Hydrocodone are like M&M's as far as pain is concerned.
    After surgery for a ruptured disc and 5.5 hours on the table I was in pain, they gave me 2 percodan or percocet every 2 hours for 6 hours, oops no effect on the pain.
    When I had hernia surgery, I was in a lot of pain afterward, they they had given me a total of 40 mg of morphine, didn't work so next was 50 mg of toradol, oops nothing.

Doctors have a tendency to laugh at me when I tell them the stuff won't work. But if I have a sympathetic nurse who will wheel me outside after an injection of about 150 mg of demoral and I light up a cigarette, I will be in LaLa land for a couple of hours after about 3 or 4 puffs.

I am just happy I have a high pain tolerance. LOL

I have found there are some other people like me that pain killers don't work on.

If you are one of the fortunate ones that they do work on. Be THANKFUL.

I'm not complaining, just stating some facts about my weird body.

And I have lived with back pain since the age of 13 when a horse went down with me on a brick street and rolled over me.

I am not a complainer, I just live with things the best I can. I don't ask for sympathy because if people start feeling sorry for you, then you start feeling sorry for yourself, and its all down hill from there.

And I did have the aches after this second shot, but the pain was managable after the shot this time.
    Last edited by harry strasil; 08-15-2006 at 8:49 PM.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand