Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

Friday August 11th, 2006

Well, here it is another week coming to a close. Another weekend to have fun, get some work done, relax, take a trip or just do nothing.

Me???? I don't have a clue [which is SOP most of the time], other than some golf Saturday morning. I'm just gonna let it happen, whatever that may be.

So what are you going to do this weekend?? As always, make it safe and have fun.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Well, in full kitchen remodeling mode this weekend. Convert 220 to 110 for new cooktop, install new countertop substrate, cut holes for sink, cooktop. Hope I cut them right the first time. (Plan B--back to BORG for more ply, recut counters, reinstall, cut holes again.) Then tile the counters and grout.

Plumber coming Monday to install D/W and sink so no excuses.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Next Project

Hi,
    I plan on getting my next project out of my head, on paper and into motion. That will mean getting wood from the LLS.

Oh the project is not in any for I can share yet. It is a book shelf kinda sorta. It will definatly NOT be rectangular. That is not saying that there is anything wrong with rectangular book case/shelves, I just want something vastly differant.

Watch for it. I'll post it in a couple of weeks.

Randy
    Last edited by Randy Long; 08-11-2006 at 8:37 AM. Reason: spelling in title
    If you go through a whole day and didn't learn something new, you wasted it!

Hi

So what are you going to do on Sunday? HaHa.
    If you go through a whole day and didn't learn something new, you wasted it!

Finally getting back into the shop. So that means I can finally get back to working on the kicthen table.

Plan to break in the new Vari-Grind jig and put an Irish grind on a couple of bowl gouges, and a fingernail grind on a spindle gouge; and make some shavings! Then, when I'm done with that I'm gonna make some more! And unless the weather guys are wrong, it should be nice enough to work with the doors up this weekend.
    Have a great weekend,
    Mark

No woodworking this weekend. Going to Michigan for F&I re-enactment. Sunny and 75 sounds like good weather with lows in the 50's for good sleeping.

Pulling stumps. What a weekend.

Likely a lot of landscaping stuff around the new driveway...much of it with a big orange power tool. But I'll also "try" to get in the shop to work on the candle stand if I can...I never know these days...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I plan on taking half a day off today to get a start on finishing cleaning, and organinsing my new temp shop I'll finish installing more 110 recepticles and hopefully on Sunday be in a position where I can actually turn a few things. Oh and since I got the Satelite hooked up in the shop, I'll also be watching Nascar.

I have been testing out different finishes on a scrap of purpleheart before I actually stain the coffee table top. Its driving me crazy because I cant find any that I like.

Liquor Cabinet

I am sanding tonight, then going first thing in the morning to pick the granite for the top, then coming back and Paint, Sand, Paint, Sand, Paint, Sand etc.

Then I have to work Sunday afternoon after church - yuck. And this is the first weekend to get back down to 90 degrees around here...

Hope to finish assemble my present project tomorrow and possibly begin finish work on Sunday. Sometimes this weekend hope to be visiting with the boys and probably go visit my Mom Sunday evening.
    David

I'll be kicking off a project for some cabinets from my wife's work area. They will be cherry flat panel. When done, it should look something like this . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tomorrow, it's off to Cub Scout Resident Camp with my Bear Cub Scout.

I'm really looking forward to it.

But, tonight is moving stuff to prepare for painting the office before laying cherry hardwood floors n another week.

Have a fun & safe weekend everyone!
    -Mike