Thread: Poor Decision

Poor Decision

This judge should be ashamed of his decision:

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.p...816-A1-00.html

I know they take high-school football pretty seriously in some locales, but this is ridiculous.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I suppose the parents will let them play, and the school also. I'm glad I'm not a principal anymore. I always took it on the chin in these type cases. Yes, the judge should be ashamed, along with the parents and school. But, shame doesn't go very far these days.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bailey
    I suppose the parents will let them play, and the school also. I'm glad I'm not a principal anymore. I always took it on the chin in these type cases. Yes, the judge should be ashamed, along with the parents and school. But, shame doesn't go very far these days.

John
    John, not only the above, but the entire community. We have school districts here that have one coach per five football players, but far fewer English/history/math teachers per student.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Arnold
    We have school districts here that have one coach per five football players, but far fewer English/history/math teachers per student.
    That's probably due to the learning capabilities of football players.

Oh crap, did I say that out loud?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

You have got to be kidding me

Two young mens lives are forever changed because of this and they basicly let the perps off of the hook.

John, your right shame doesn't go far these days

I hope that someone on the school board or the football coach will step up and not allow them to play, but I doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Branam
    I hope that someone on the school board or the football coach will step up and not allow them to play, but I doubt that will happen.
    My thought exactly. Back in my day (a long time ago) I almost got thrown off the track team because the principal thought I had a pack of cigarettes in my shirt pocket. It was a new bar of soap. Times change and not always for the better.

Smile

Those kids are ready for the NBA or NFL or some college football programs... Good prep.. ...I'm being sarcastic but I get tired of these pampered athletes. The name Claret comes to mind....
    Jerry

Yeah, nothing got by our principal. He was 6'8", former All American Heavy Weight Wrestler, a Big 8 (remember them) Conference wrestling official, and had his Doctorate. Nice guy, but don't get on his bad side! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Kinda helps explain why many of our youth have no respect or responsiblity....

Playing football should be the last thing these two bozo's get to do.

Al

I think the good news is that most schools, at least small Northern Michigan schools, would still do the right thing and not let these boys play. Understand, I left the business a couple of years ago, but at that time the students would have been off the team at my school and most others in our area. Also, I can tell you at my school, the decision would have never gotten to my office. We had a good coaching staff and an excellent Ath. Dir. They would have handled it. The only reason, as principal, I would have gotten involved is if the parents requested a hearing and wanted to appeal the coach's and Ath. Dir.'s decision. Most parents knew what I would do and chose not to go that route. But, if they did, and took it to the Super., or the Board, well, let's just say most parents chose not to go that route.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

It is a sad story all the way around.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

"I shouldn’t even be doing this" --Judge Gary F. McKinley
    That says it all.

I hope this can be appealed.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    That makes me sick!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney