Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any engine guys here?

1. Sounds like you got it licked!

so a combo of the head gasket and the valve, yep, that would do it.

Cheers!

Glad to hear you found the problem, and better yet that you have the skills to tale care of it! Might want to do an induction serice to clean the carbon out of the other cylinder, unless you pulled both sides down and checked the valves while you were at it, but your post didn't sound like you did that. Get a good injector cleaner that you disconnect the fuel line and run through too. clean all the injectors that way, and I'd bet you have it licked. Remember to run the induction cleaner away from a neighborhood. That stuff smells nasty, and can leave a big white cloud when you start the vehicle back up! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell
    .... Get a good injector cleaner that you disconnect the fuel line and run through too. clean all the injectors that way, and I'd bet you have it licked. Remember to run the induction cleaner away from a neighborhood. That stuff smells nasty, and can leave a big white cloud when you start the vehicle back up! Jim.
    Jim, I dumped the jar of Techron in it, and I figured on some Marvel for the crankcase. Not familar with the type of injector cleaner you mention. Could you give me some info? Sounds like a good deal (and maybe some fun too!)

Thanks,
    Forrest

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell
    ..............Remember to run the induction cleaner away from a neighborhood. That stuff smells nasty, and can leave a big white cloud when you start the vehicle back up! Jim.
    You mean neighborhood that you like

5. Hey Forrest, Glad everything worked out for you, and that your Jeep is back on the road. Now you can get back to woodworking-much cleaner. Regards, Bill