Thread: Paslode 18 ga jamming

Paslode 18 ga jamming

My paslode (5/8" - 2" 18 ga) is jamming. I'm running about 90 psi and have oiled it regularly. The tip was hanging up which keeps the trigger from resetting for another nail and the final move was a complete lock up and air is bleeding from the trigger area. Any advise other than smashing it with a sledge (which is where I am about now)?

I bought a new Senco (trimmaster? I think its called-$166) to replace it since I don't have time to fix it. Hope this works or the sledge is going to get a workout.
    Strive for perfection...Settle for completion

Is the tip just not retracting back into the cylinder frequently or are nails actually jamming with every shot?

If it's the former then the gun/cylinder needs to be cleaned. Gunk builds up on the cylinder wall and it gets a little sticky. If you're comfortable with doing it you can take it apart and clean it yourself. I'd also replace the o-ring while you're at it and any other seals/gaskets that get exposed during the process. Personally, I'd use brake cleaner to clean the cylinder and the piston/drive pin but there are a number of products that would work. Just use one that doesn't leave any residue.

OR....

You can take it to a repair shop and probably get it cleaned and serviced forrrrr................maybeeeee............. $40 to $60 (?). A cleaning and a service should include replacing the above mentioned parts and as long as nothing is really wrong with it you would get back basically a rebuilt tool.

hth
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 08-19-2006 at 9:30 PM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Remove the drive tip cover, clean and oil

I cleaned and oiled it, removed the head and the piston moves easily. The nails arent coming out any more at all because the gun is stuck and air is blowing out around the trigger. Need to disassemble again and see whats up.

I have a problem with my 18ga paslode that every so often it just stops shooting nails. The fan will run, but the trigger won't pull.. If I keep pulling the trigger to run the fan, after a few times, I'll be able to shoot nails again.

I don't really think much of it when it happens, but this thread got me thinking... Is it supposed to happen? does the chamber need to clear or something? or is it a fault?

for a minute there I thought this post was a regge song.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

I am talking about a Paslode pnematic nailer BTW. What reggae song Julio?