Thread: Which router plate?

Which router plate?

Well I just visited my local Rockler store yesterday and purchased their large router table and a router raizer for my Hitachi M12V. They were out of stock on the correct plate for the M12, so I have to order it from the website. However, I got to thinking, is their any other manufacturer's plate which would work in that table or I am stuck with the Rockler plate? I am guessing that only the rockler plate will fit, which is ok because it is aluminum and looks like a good one. Any other options though? Thanks.

RM

Rodney, I have a M12V also. I bought my Woodpecker plunge lift. It was only a few dollars more then the plate itself. It gives you the lift to boot. You can look at them atwww.woodpeck.com

Russ, thanks for the reply. Dang, I should have done some more research. I sure like the looks of that woodpecker plate and plunge lift. I checked and it won't fit the opening in my rockler table. Did you make your own table? I may have to rethink this and get a refund on the the rockler table and router raizer. I really like that plunge lift from woodpecker. Anyone have any preferences between the router raizer and the woodpecker plunge lift? Thanks.....

RM

Rodney, I also have the Woodpeck and like it. You can get a template from WP to enlarge your Rockler table opening assuming it is smaller on all dimensions, it's made out of 3/4" MDF.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Cecil, no that won't work. The rockler plate is 13 inches wide and the woodpecker 11 3/4. I may just take the rockler table back and go with the woodpecker. That woodpecker fence is kind of high dollar though.

Rodney

I just got a new Woodpecker 3/8 " alum plate for my 5625 and I LOVE it!! Very high quality. Worth the extra $ IMHO!!
    Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. I wish I had looked a little further into the woodpecker products. I think I may be getting a refund from rockler and going that route.

RM

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    I just got a new Woodpecker 3/8 " alum plate for my 5625 and I LOVE it!! Very high quality. Worth the extra $ IMHO!!

Jerry
    What do you think about Rousseau 3002 Router Lift LS?

Mike

Start with 10 end with 10

9. I have just the basic Rousseau plate with the Router Raizer on my Hitachi M12 (not a M12V) and I very much like this low buck set up, works just fine for me.

The Router Raizer in on the left side of the machine

The plate with the Router Raizer handle installed.

Works well.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rodney mitchell
    Cecil, no that won't work. The rockler plate is 13 inches wide and the woodpecker 11 3/4. I may just take the rockler table back and go with the woodpecker. That woodpecker fence is kind of high dollar though.

Rodney
    You could remove the rabbet in the Rockler top, add some hardwood around the opening in the Rockler top to make the opening smaller, and then rout the rabbet for the Woodpecker plate into the hardwood.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by mike ellington
    Jerry
    What do you think about Rousseau 3002 Router Lift LS?

Mike

Sorry Mike...I missed your question. I have no experience with that lift. With 4 routers, 2 router tables, lots of accessories, I do not presently have a router lift. Others can help you...
    Jerry

That's a thought Dave, thanks.

RM

The Rousseau router plate is not flat. It has a built in crown. Some people like it and others, including myself, want a flat plate. I use the Woodhaven plate. Similar but it's dead flat and has remained so with a heavy Freud router in it for a few years now. I also really like the levelers that Woodhaven sells. I understand Rousseau's reasoning for making their plate crowned but I've never found the need for it myself. YMMV of course.

Bruce

14. My Rousseau plate is DEAD flat, not a problem for me.

It had a slight crown in it, so what I did was to hang the router from it, with the four screws, but do not tighten the four screws, then I put the plate into the table, with the weight of the Hitachi M12 on there the plate is DEAD flat, now I tighten the screws, and it remains flat.

just my two yens worth