Thread: Double Bevel cut take two .... video

1. Double Bevel cut take two .... video

Well, I don't know if I'm wasting your time or not, last one got one response, so maybe this is just all old hat to you experienced guys.....?

Anyway, I said I take another vid without my fat hand in the way, I think this one is better.

Video is HERE <<- it is a link to YouTube.com my video is hosted there.

If this is just a waste of time, and you have all seen it before, I'll stop trying to show you this, it was new to me, and I've had great success with it, so I was just trying to pass along something that works, but............?

Cheers!

waste of time

Can't speak for others, but I enjoy and learn from your videos and truly appreciate your kindness, patience and generosity. Perhaps you've already explained this, but what are you doing in Japan? I lived in Taiwan (in what seems like another lifetime) for 1.5 years and spent a total of 3 in East Asia. Being closer (than Eastern US) to NZ and Australia, I would imagine that getting tools is not too difficult-except for Japanese tariffs. Anyway, thanks,
    Hilel Salomon

Stu, thanks for the videos. Sorry for the non response on your others. It seems I have fallen in the habit of reading and enjoying everyones posts without replies. I like trying new [to me] things and will give this a try. thanks......doug

4. Quote Originally Posted by Hilel Salomon
    Can't speak for others, but I enjoy and learn from your videos and truly appreciate your kindness, patience and generosity. Perhaps you've already explained this, but what are you doing in Japan? I lived in Taiwan (in what seems like another lifetime) for 1.5 years and spent a total of 3 in East Asia. Being closer (than Eastern US) to NZ and Australia, I would imagine that getting tools is not too difficult-except for Japanese tariffs. Anyway, thanks,
    Hilel Salomon
    Hilel, boy is that a long story, why I'm in Japan

Why I came? I had nothing better to do, so I came here to study Aikido for 6 months, that was 16 years ago.......

Why I stay?

I'd say my lovely wife and two daughters have something to do with it

5. Quote Originally Posted by doug webb
    Stu, thanks for the videos. Sorry for the non response on your others. It seems I have fallen in the habit of reading and enjoying everyones posts without replies. I like trying new [to me] things and will give this a try. thanks......doug
    Thanks Doug, I hope it works out for you, sure works for me!

Cheers!

Thumbs up very helpful. thanks!

Stu, thanks for posting this. I'm what I consider a beginner of beginners and I always appreciate new information. And regarding what you said in the video about the cut creating a "shiny" appearance--if you go back and look again you'll see the reflection of your hand in the surface you just cut. Pretty awesome IMHO.
    Mark

7. Thanks Mark.

Well, I'm just a beginner myself, compared to many of the pros here and the hobbyists who are putting out pro level stuff, so I did not want to waste peoples time.

I have VERY little contact with other turners, except for here, so my exposure to the various ways and techniques is LIMITED. I wanted to make sure I was not making a fool of myself by posting videos of something that EVERYONE else in the world knows about.

I appreciate the feedback, and I'm more than happy to help out, in the small way I can.

Cheers!

Hey... I recognize that lathe!

I really appreciate the videos, Stu. It's nice you take the time to make and post these for us. Please keep them coming.
    Be Blessed

George

9. Thanks George, ya that is one good lathe, I think I like if more each time I use it.

Cheers!