Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Tour............ The Video........

Cool tour, Stu. Looks like the dungeon has evolved as your needs have. Quite a place indeed.

I can just picture LOML wanting something out of the box of Christmas decorations in the far back reaches of the Annex.

Are you going to upload the Logging in Tokyo video to YouTube? I think the masses would love it.

- Vaughn
    Last edited by Vaughn McMillan; 08-22-2006 at 12:03 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout
    That is very interesting. The one thing that puzzles me is how you get your sheetgoods and tools in and out of there. There must be another way in and out other than the dungeon door with the steep stairs.

Allen
    Nope only the one hatch.

Remember the sheetgoods here are 3' x 6'. The hatch is only 2/3 open in the video, if I need to move something really big, I can open it to 4'x4' which is a fairly big hole

Also remember, I'm in Japan, we don't make HUGE entertainment centers etc, as we don't have HUGE living spaces.

Cheers!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Cool tour, Stu. Looks like the dungeon has evolved as your needs have. Quite a place indeed.

I can just picture LOML wanting something out of the box of Christmas decorations in the far back reaches of the Annex.

Are you going to upload the Logging in Tokyo video to YouTube? I think the masses would love it.

- Vaughn
    Great idea!!

I didn't see one thing in your shop, a tablesaw! LOL

I first saw your website a while back (two years maybe), it's evolved, and a GOOD reminder, that people can really do some great work, with little space and fewer tools (NOT saying you have fewer tools anymore).
    Thanks

Stu, that was cool! You have really mastered the space down there.

Something else I noticed, you didn't say 'eh' once. Now really, what kind of Canadian are you?

Thanks for the tour, I enjoyed it.

Larry

6. Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson
    I didn't see one thing in your shop, a tablesaw! LOL

I first saw your website a while back (two years maybe), it's evolved, and a GOOD reminder, that people can really do some great work, with little space and fewer tools (NOT saying you have fewer tools anymore).
    Thanks
    Whoops, I forgot that, I guess as I don't use it much anymore, since I got the Festool TS55

It is there, a DeWalt 744..........

Cheers!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cooke
    Stu, that was cool! You have really mastered the space down there.

Something else I noticed, you didn't say 'eh' once. Now really, what kind of Canadian are you?

Thanks for the tour, I enjoyed it.

Larry
    I'm the kind of Canadian who has not lived in Canada for 16 years............ eh.........

Great tour Stu! Maybe you will inspire more Creekers to produce videos.

The dungeon is awesome, but the Bat Cave--Godzilla will never find you in there.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Stu,

Thanks for the great tour! After seeing the dungeon like that, and how crammed full you have it, you'd probably get lost in my new shop...

- Marty -

10. Quote Originally Posted by Marty Walsh
    Stu,

Thanks for the great tour! After seeing the dungeon like that, and how crammed full you have it, you'd probably get lost in my new shop...

- Marty -
    Marty, I think you shop is bigger than the gymnasium at my kids school!

yea, my shop might be as big as your office space

But.......... It is MY SHOP!!

I know pro carpenters here who have less space.

Cheers!

That was a first and a great one at that. You went to fast. There is so much little celver details to see. I think the water collection is number one on clever as is the roll out jointer. Thanks for posting. It is going to be a long time before I can do a video...shop will never get that organized and clean.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

12. Quote Originally Posted by John Lucas
    That was a first and a great one at that. You went to fast. There is so much little celver details to see. I think the water collection is number one on clever as is the roll out jointer. Thanks for posting. It is going to be a long time before I can do a video...shop will never get that organized and clean.
    Thanks John, I want to buy a new video camera, the one we have is super 8

I think this might be the thing that puts me over the line to pull the trigger, of course, it will be for taking vids of the kids........

The card on my camera only allows 6 minutes, so maybe I'll do some more spots

Cheers!

Great job Stu. Nice use of space.

Richard

Stu,

What a great video tour!! I love it!! There should be a section of the forum just for videos of shops, techniques, and wood related stuff.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

Very kewel!! Thanks for the introduction to your shop, Stu. Not your average "hole in the...err...wall".
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 08-22-2006 at 9:11 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...