Thread: Long time sewing room project pays off.....

Long time sewing room project pays off.....

.....I'd like to think I had something to do with it. I worked on that sewing room for "too" long. LOML made our youngest granddaughter an "heirloom" quilt, and a pair of pillow shams. On a whim, she entered them in the State Fair of Texas. (The largest state fair in the nation.) It's the one in the upper right hand corner. Now she's one up on me. Like that's something new
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Now, that's beautiful work, Phil. You have every right to be proud of her accomplishment! While "blue" isn't my favorite color in many things, this is one example where blue is super! Congratulations to the artist!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Congratulations

Dear Mrs Phelps,

Congratulations on your blue ribbon at the state fair. Your very fine handiwork is certainly deserving of an award like that.

Also you should be awarded a second blue ribbon for putting up with Phil all these years.

Congratulations,
    Ted

Phil, Phil, Phil. You DEFINITELY married up.

Congrats Mrs. Phelps!

Mrs. Phelps, congratulations. Did you machine quit or hand quilt? My wife is into machine quilting in a big way.

Mr Phelps, I know what you mean.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Outstanding accomplishment for Mrs. Phil! My Wife and Mother both Quilt, and I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into even the smaller quilts. I have limited patience, and I don't know how they do it. Makes my eyes bug out just watching those tiny stitches being done! Quite a feat to win the State Fair.............CONGRATULATIONS to Mrs. Phil.................she should be very proud.

Congratulations, Mrs. Phelps. It looks very nice. I'll bet that several future generations will display proudly Grandma Phelps' Blue Ribbon Quilt.

Phil - If you want to take credit for part of it, that's OK, but I think your wife's talent would allow her to make nice things like that anywhere if she had to.
    JB