Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP.....gulp!

I love the idea about doing the cove molding on the TS, I have read about it several times and never tried it, if I saw it in person, I am sure I would go right home and make some.

Great ideas.

Shelley,

Congratulations!! Just another point of view is that there may not be that many people who will stay for an entire day (or maybe they will.) With that inmind I would think a couple of different options would be to do something that you can complete in 60-120 minutes and do sveral of those.

For example, creating a pen, bowl or other item on a lathe could be done within that time frame. Tools used - drill press, disc sander, lathe

If you have pre-miled your wood you can probably create a box using a router and jig for joinery. Showing different joints, how to set the bottom and top, hinges and always have a completed one ready to show as a finished product. Tools used - router table, belt or edge sander, chisel, hand plane

A demonstration showing how to take rough lumber to milled lumber and why you follow a certain process to get that accomplished along with all the safety tips. Tools used - planer, joiner, band saw, table saw, hand planes

Build a small cabinet - use pocket hole joinery, dados, rabbets, add a face frame . Tools used - pocket hole jig, power drill, router, table saw, dowel jig, biscuits

Build a raised panel (or not) door - router, table saw, attach with a hinge to the cabinet you built previously.

Just some thoughts to show several completed projects that allow for breaks and people coming and going.

jeff
    There are three types of people in this world: those who want things to happen, those who make things happen and those who just wonder what the heck happened.