Thread: Hi my name is Scott, I am toolaholic

Hi my name is Scott, I am toolaholic

Got my shipment of Jorgies (8 this time) from Woodworker's Warehouse late last week. I opened one of the boxes and they seem to be pretty good clamps. I hope to be using them this weekend if I can get moving on a Entertainment center to wrap around my big screen. They are definitely bigger than the Bessey's I have. Looks like I need more space on my clamp rack.

Thanks Jorgy for the super prices. I have only had to pay full price for my first 4 40" Bessey's, everything else has been during one of the (Sears and Jorgy) orgies. I think 32 cabinet clamps is enough for now... though I hear within 10 days there is another orgy coming.

Yes, I am a toolaholic, I can't pass up a great deal on a tool. There's been clamps, routers, drills and dado blades in my buying frency lately. When does it ever stop? My wife may divorce me if I can't stop, I am having hard to time fighting the urge ... must have more tools.

Wife vs. Tools, stay tune to see who wins.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

I think there is country song that goes close to this,,

she said she would leave me if I went to the wood shop again,
    and now here I am in the shop watching her pull out of the drive
    God I going to miss her when I go in for dinner,,,,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Coffelt
    Yes, I am a toolaholic, I can't pass up a great deal on a tool. There's been clamps, routers, drills and dado blades in my buying frency lately. When does it ever stop? My wife may divorce me if I can't stop, I am having hard to time fighting the urge ... must have more tools.

Wife vs. Tools, stay tune to see who wins.
    Scott, just listen to yourself---there is help out there for you and many of us are in the same boat with you. We support you and want to help.
    I always said "as long as it don't take food from the mouth of my family it's OK" We all have our excuses for our addictions, but we just have to fight it.
    Ok! I admit it I just purchased a new Tool also--it was a PC detail sander. I will do better tomorrow, I promise!
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don

I have one of those, don't use often

but when I do it sure works nice. I hope you were able to pick it up a HD on clearance. I saw they were getting rid of those too.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

My wife encourages the tool buying (as long as we can still eat and pay the morgage), she says as long as I'm out in the shop making sawdust, she doesn't have to worry about me out running the town getting into trouble. You know the drinking, gambling, women, drugs stuff.

Never really thought about it that way. Man, I have a great wife.

So, Scott keep buying and help our economy grow.

Well just join the club Scott

Either one or both, tool nut inc, or divorce inc.
    Seems like this goes around at times here on the home front also. I've also been on the orgy binge, 24 in the shop now, and waiting on the next sale for maybe 12 more. Last clamp count for insurance purpose's was 277. Bar, f, c, spring, pipe, and the jorgy's.
    Steve