Thread: Brita above the sink water filters:

Brita above the sink water filters:

How do those Brita water filtration systems that are attached to the end of a kitchen faucet work? They say on the website that the filters are good for 100 gallons . What I would like to know is, how do you use it on a kitchen faucet , if you use that same sink for washing dishes?

We've used Brita for years and like it. Use on the same kitchen faucet, but it rotates to direct water through it or bypass it. We have a hot water pot, for tea and coffee, and filter all the water that goes into it. Water tastes better, and the inside of the pot stays cleaner...no mineral build-up over time.

BTW, Pur (pure) makes one too, but the filters are very expensive... $30+ for 3, whereas Brita's on sale are about $16~19. My wife is the "keeper of the filter" so I really don't know how long it lasts, but a reasonable time, IIARC.

I'm not sure about the Brita that attaches to the faucet but we have a stand alone pitcher type and it is great. I would think the faucet ones would work just as well.

We have a Pur filter on our kitchen faucet and the LOML likes and uses it. It has a valve that diverts water throug the filter when you want filtered water otherwise it works as normal Im sure Brita works the same way
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the very last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.