Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member!

New Member!

Hello all, I thought I'd better give a formal introduction. First, I've had several inquiries about my name. Yes, it's my name, I've heard all the jokes so they don't even phase me anymore. High school was especially traumatic especially playing football at another schools field when the announcers didn't know Jaskok is actually prononced Yaskok. Oh well, I have persevered and I am no longer embarrassed by it.

Anyway, I've been woodworking for a few years and I visit several different forums and I've lurked in this one for a while. There seems to be some knowledgeable people here and I was hoping to learn something new.

Welcome Hugh! Always room for one more at the Creek. How about some pics when you get a chance? The picture police will get you.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Welcome, Hugh. I think you are the first person to announce his membership with 16 posts under his belt - cool. You know, you can't do much about your given name so no one here will laugh at you - nor will anyone laugh (at least not so we can hear) if you ask silly questons - that's just one of the things I like about this forum, all good folks helping other folks and enjoying the experience - hope you enjoy, too.
    Ray
    Semper Fi

My friend Michael Hunt knows your pain. Welcome aboard. Have fun!

My wife was looking for a name for our youngest boy so I suggested Edward Zeman. She was all for it until she put the two initials together with our last name.................
    Scott Loven

Welcome, Hugh...from whereabout do you hail? Fill out your location...it does help!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Welcome Hugh. Lots of good people and lots of knowledge. I am not going to tell you how badly my name was butchered as a kid. It don't bother me either any more.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jaskok
    Hello all, I thought I'd better give a formal introduction. First, I've had several inquiries about my name. Yes, it's my name, I've heard all the jokes so they don't even phase me anymore. High school was especially traumatic especially playing football at another schools field when the announcers didn't know Jaskok is actually prononced Yaskok. Oh well, I have persevered and I am no longer embarrassed by it.

Anyway, I've been woodworking for a few years and I visit several different forums and I've lurked in this one for a while. There seems to be some knowledgeable people here and I was hoping to learn something new.
    Hugh,

If this is you're name, I pity what you must have gone through in school.

And, FYI, my avitar is artwork that was done for me by a characture artist. I do own the rights to it, so don't go using it around the net...

Welcome to the creek, I feel everyone is welcome, but I don't set the rules here, those are better described in the Terms Of Service (TOS).
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

Welcome to the Creek, Hugh.

Hope to see some pics of your work.
    Gary
    Bluegrass - Finger Pickin Good!

Welcome to the Creek, Hugh! Joint the board with us up in woodworking when you get a chance!
    David

Welcome to the Creek, Bud.

It is easy to steal folk's identity. That is sad.
    Gary
    Bluegrass - Finger Pickin Good!

No meltdowns. The little woman had her identity stolen a couple of years ago. Too dang easy. She didn't think she was making any mistakes. In her case, she exchanged no online information, nor was her personal info "hacked." It all seemed innocent enough and would have from just about anyone, until the USPS called and told her about it.

Thanks Gary. Are you an LEO?

Welcome to SMC Hugh!!

Corey

Hey! I slept in the Holiday Inn a couple months ago