Thread: Bought the Wolverine Grinding System

Bought the Wolverine Grinding System

I know a lot of you already have this, but I just want to give my two cents worth. I bought this mostly for the vari-grind . I was doing okay hand sharpening on my Woodcraft slow speed griner, but could not get the roll and swing down to do fingernail profiles. Woodcraft has this setup on sale so I decided to get one. I have to say what a difference. The setup is very well made and really cuts down on the amount of time I spend sharpening. The edges now are consistent and the vari-grind is awesome doing fingernail profiles. I should have bought on of these things when I bought the grinder. Of course, it wasn't on sale at that time. If you are thinking about getting one of these, you won't be dissapointed.

I love mine as well, and Wood Magazine has a wonderful article on sharpening lathe tools using the Wolverine system in the current (November 2003) issue. You might want to pick it up at the news stand.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Bought the Wolverine and Vari Grind last week - love it !!
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Going to Rockler today to see if they'll "deal" with me with the Wolverine. Hopefully I can get Woodcrafts sale price + a little extra off. I was there earlier today and they're out of the vari-grind jig & none at the warehouse either. One Q, does the Wolverine come with the tool rest or do you have to buy that seperately?

Joe

Wink tool rest

Mine came with it.Halsey