Thread: Home Depot Herc-U-Lift

Home Depot Herc-U-Lift

In case any of you are looking for one of the above units, go quick!! They are being closed out again, this time at 14.70 each. I went by one HD on my way home, none in stock...had 4 about 3 weeks ago. One guy bought all 4. I went home, found the sku and called another store. Showed to have 4, so away I went. I found 2 open but complete units on the shelves. Looked for 20 minutes with the help of a very nice and helpful young man. After I checked out, on my way to the door, I saw one more on a display at the front. Grabbed it and went back in line to get it. Now I think I have all of them I will need. It's a great lift/mobility system. You still get the stability of the pads on the legs for when the tool is stationary. Unbelievable for under 15 bucks. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Thumbs up Thanks Jim, for the Heads Up

You're right about Unbelieveable for under 15 Bucks. I had bought one for my Buddy for his Rigid TS when they were on sale for $29.99 several months ago, Soooooooooo...when I saw your post Thursday night, I headed to our local HD Fri Morning and they didn't have ANY. I had taken the SKU with me (from the box my Buddy's came in), and had them look it up and found that the Midland store, (20 miles away) showed to have 4. I drove over there and couldn't find them so I got first one employee and then finally a second employee and we searched for well over an hour and they both finally gave up. I was a little disgruntled at making the long drive, (and knowing they were still shown in stock in the computer), so I kept looking, and 45 minutes later, I got lucky and found them, (all 4 packages still in a plain unopened shipping box on the very top shelf). I had initially only intended to get 2, but after all the trouble, I said to heck with it, and took all 4. I should be fixed for MOBILITY for a while. Heck I can't even get the materials to build one for that price.

So Thanks again Jim, for the Heads Up on these.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

What's The Sku????....what's The Sku??????

Please.............
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    What's The Sku????....what's The Sku??????

Please.............
    Mark, the Stock # (or SKU as they call it), is 352-522

Good Luck.

Mark, and others, if you have trouble finding them, one comment on the forum that alerted me to the price drop said that the ones overhead had a hand written of sku 325-522, mixing up the last 2 numbers of the first group. Sounds like something I'd do!! Norman, what do the shipping boxes look like? I understand they are brown, but is the Ridgid name or Herc-U-Lift imprinted on it anywhere?
    I looked for 25 minutes on the top shelves in the areas that had anything Ridgid up there, then the employee and I looked for another 15 or 20 together. Still don't know where they hid the other one that the computer shows them to have.
    Glad it helped you, Norman. I know I searched about 8 stores one day 1.5 years ago when they were closing them out the first time at 22.00. I was almost beside myself when the first HD was empty this time. I, too, bought one at the 29.99 price last May up at the Gainsville store when travelling to see my parents. Right after that the local store I use had 4 on the floor under the 3650 on display. Never moved until this close out. Hope everyone's long weekend is going well. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim, the shipping box was just one of those kinda pale khaki colored cardboard boxes wrapped in clear vinyl wrap and some of that white plastic banding material.

There wasn't any Name OR any numbers printed on the end of the box that could be seen and the numbers on the side of the box weren't anything that would identify it in any way. The only "Identification" I found was the sheet of white paper taped on the end with the SKU # hand written on it with black Magic Marker, and that paper was half folded behind the security net on the front of the high shelf. I pushed one of the tall rolling ladders that was in the isle into place and climbed up there and unfolded it, and THERE THEY WERE!!! Needless to say, I didn't go up front to get someone to get them for me, I just waited right there until one of the employees came along and I had him get them down for me.

Note: The SKU # on the white paper was the correct one, and there are 4 boxes of Herculifts in each shipping box.
    Last edited by Norman Hitt; 09-04-2006 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks loads. I'll check in the morning.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Good luck on getting one of these. This clearance has been going on now for awhile. Not to say there aren't any left, but they are and have been going fast.