Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crocodile Hunter Killed By A Stingray...

Crocodile Hunter Killed By A Stingray...

I can't believe it........my 10 year old son is going to be crushed that one of his heros is gone.....

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

He was a crazy Aussie, but I (we) had a ton of respect for him and the conservation work he did.

God bless his family.....

- Keith

2. That is really sad, but, at least he lived his life his way.

Godspeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    That is really sad, but, at least he lived his life his way.

Godspeed!
    Amen Bro'

I always thought the guy was complete nutter, funny but nuts. He lived a life that few ever will.

That's sad news. I really enjoyed the guy's material. I didn't realize that a stingray bard could project into your body like that.
    Jim

I was shocked when I heard the news. I was more shocked when I read the title of the segment he was workng on. “Ocean’s Deadliest”

I've been following this story since yesterday and I've got a wierd, yucky feeling all over. I've been a fan since he started on the Discovery Channel. What a loss to everyone on the planet, especially the animals.

He and Terri, his wife, had a storybook type first meeting and start of life. I'm not sure you could say that they had normal rest of their life but they certainly had a life that no one else had. How very, very sad for his wife and son a daughter.

What a very, very sad loss.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 09-04-2006 at 9:24 AM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

What a shame...he was a good fellow and a pleasure to watch.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I'm bummed. I really liked the guy.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It saddened me when I heard it on the news this morning. I feel for his wife and two small children.

Their Dad did alot of great work to bring animal encounters into our homes that we may never have had an opportunity to even dream of ourselves.

My whole family was extremely shocked by the news. We were all huge fans and over the years I've learned a lot from his show. As others have said, he led a life few ever will, and died doing what he loved most... few can say that.

RIP.....

Yea, I'm bummed as well as my whole family. We all liked watching him and the amazing things we all learned just from watching his shows. May he rest in peace.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

he always looked like somebody you could spend a great afternoon with over a few root beers .

with all the stuff wev'e seen him do it seems bizzare a stingray would do him in .

he will truly be missed

Crikey! I can't beleive it. Poor little blighter.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I really feel sorry for his kids. With some of the things he did I am suprised he lived this long.

Having kids really changed my outlook on thing even to what I'm willing to do for work.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Ray spike

I guess we are all taken back when one of the very few who are as big as life its self are taken down. A sad day for the family and many more.