Thread: installing a table saw router insert

installing a table saw router insert

After looking at the Workbench April 2006 issue about customizing a table saw insert I bit the bullet when I next walked through the door of a Rockler store (armed with a 15% off coupon). 1400 miles later I got home and discover that there are no directions with the table. OK, the magazine has plenty. I would like to put the extension on the left side of my Ridgid table saw. It has the Herc-u-lift built in and I have to use it all the time (it is a tiny shop and the saw has to be moved for crosscuts vs rip cuts). I can mount casters on supporting legs per the magazine, but they won't reach the ground when I move the saw--is that a problem? The uneven floor is another issue--I don't see how I can add legs of a set length with casters and not have problems. I suspect I need to make adjustable legs--I am looking for ideas.
    Thanks!
    Bb

You could put a small fixed table to the left of the table saw, and attach a hinged table to it that would hang down and attach to the saw base when not in use. You could also do the same on the rip side. If you were clever , you could figure out how to use the same table in both locations.
    Scott

Blog Entries
    I also run my RT on the left due to shop configuration. When I had my TS on wheels, I added support legs at the end of the RT but had them drop at an angle towards the saw body, standing on support blocks attached to the mobil base. This worked quite well and as long as I returned the TS to my pre-marked location on the shop floor, re-leveling was not an issue.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler