Thread: Jet Slow Speed Sharpener

Jet Slow Speed Sharpener

Now that the Jet slow speed sharpener has been out for a while, has anyone used it? What did you think? I read the old thread from July and got some good info. The differences between the Jet and Tormek seem few and somewhat insignificant.

I was in Woodcraft yesterday looking at the Jet and saw that it has been reduced from $399 to $299. The Woodcraft guy said this is NOT a sale, but a new price. He also said that anyone who bought one at the original $399 can get a $100 gift certificate from Woodcraft.

The new price really intrigues me but I would like to know what any users think of the unit.

-- Kevin

I haven't used the new Jet Water Wheel but I have seen it on this web page being demonstrated.

www.thewoodworkingchannel.com

Click on schedule and you can see when it is on. Today it is on at 3:24pm and 11:24pm Eastern Standard Time.

From looking at the jigs and the show it would seem that the New machine has some features that the Tormek does not, so for a less price you would get some more extras. I hope the quality is competitive and that this will make the unit available to the average woodworker, and not just the top-end.

That's a better price... It would be a no brainer to pick between the Swedish built Tormek and a Taiwanese Jet for the same price.
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood