Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another red cedar thingee **PIC**

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Another red cedar thingee **PIC**

I was throwing some scrap on the burn pile this morning and retrieved a small piece left over from the cedar bowl I posted last week. Ran in and made this bracelet helper.

Man, that stuff turns and finishes beautiful. I think there will be some pens and other small items made from red cedar in the future. It is nice since I have an unlimited free supply of red cedar .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    I was throwing some scrap on the burn pile this morning and retrieved a small piece left over from the cedar bowl I posted last week. Ran in and made this bracelet helper.

Man, that stuff turns and finishes beautiful. I think there will be some pens and other small items made from red cedar in the future. It is nice since I have an unlimited free supply of red cedar .
    no offense, but that is the nicest roach clip I have ever seen.
    Steve

Ha, ha, ha!!!

I have to admit I was thinking the same thing!

Hey Ken, is there a kit you used to make that, or did you just make it up from an alligator clip and some jewelry type parts?

Very Nice!

Scott.

No hiding it, as soon as I saw that picture, roach clip jumped first thing into my head.

Shessh, guess we're dating ourselves here.

Awful pretty though.

Ken - Just what is a 'braclet helper'? Inquiring minds want to know.
    SHERWUD in the beautiful sierra foothills East of Fresno, CA

Cool Dude......

Ken,

You could've made a fortune in the sixty's makin these bracelet helpers

Man I can see it now...Ken in a tie-dyed T-Shirt with hair way down his back selling bracelet helpers at craft shows from the "Young Rebel Workshop"
    LMAO

Talk about flash back. I saw that thing and had a sudden urge to take a deep breath and hold it and my eyes started watering! (;-}

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Ken,

Man I can see it now...Ken in a tie-dyed T-Shirt with hair way down his back selling bracelet helpers at craft shows from the "Young Rebel Workshop"
    LMAO
    Stop it. You are killing me . . . . . . . . Ken, in a tie dyed T-shirt - long hair . . . .

Ted

Thumbs down

As a friend and deputy let me say, politely, don't let a cop in Texas see you with that. No whut ah mean?
    Every deed plants a seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Ken,

LMAO
    Young Rebel Workshop nothing...that would have been Middle Age Rebelious Workshop in the 60's at best more like Almost a Sr. Citizen and Still a Rebel Workshop but not quite Old yet.

Noah
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well this explains a lot

Thanks Ken & the rest of you hoodlums. I've had a tough day & I needed a lift. Good thing everyone else has left work. I'm laughing hysterically as I'm typing this.

Not that I know what a roach clip is mind you - it just sounds funny
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Ya know, if we could put about 100 pounds on Ken...............he would look just like Jerry Garcia! I can see it now in Neon...........
    The Old Rebel Woodstock Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gersty
    Ya know, if we could put about 100 pounds on Ken...............he would look just like Jerry Garcia! I can see it now in Neon...........
    The Old Rebel Woodstock Workshop
    now THERE'S a visual ... you can borrow my geetar, kennie.

b

Ah Ha!! The guys I grew up with must have had a lot of "bracelets" they needed "help" with. If you ever export these to Vermont you could be the next state icon after Ben & Jerry. All kidding aside, very nice work, as usual

OK already.
    What is a roach clip? Why do cockroaches need clips? What do they do with them?
    I guess if alligators have clips then roachs can have them, but why? What do alligators do with their clips?
    Help a foreigner out.

I will have to admit I had never even thought of turning red cedar, but I have a bunch of scraps from a wishing well scroll saw project so once I stop LOL I may have to dig out the pen mandrell.

For those of you wondering about the use of a Roach clip, it is actually a medical device. It is used by those smoking marijuana for the treatment of glaucoma so as to maximize the theraputic qualities right down to the last toke, err treatment.