Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The little jig that could..

Amazing tool... OK when can I place my order???

Contact rocklers, they will manufacture and market it for you. Shouldn't take to much of your time.
    Scott

Me too

I'm in for one. Just forwarding this thread to someone like rockler should provide the incentive they need. As other's have stated, protect yourself first
    Bill

Mike that is the way coolest little device I've seen in a long long time. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Where it possible, beers on me bud.

Mark,

Now I have to build one, what is the length this one will do? I think I can dedicate a 4' length and hang it out of the way on the wall when not in use, any suggestions. Also, the "crop circle" effect is due to the plywood it's routed into I'm guessing.

Bruce

Cool little jig. At the right price point, I would definitely get one too.

Looks like you've got yourself a winner there Mark. I want one too.
    Good luck! (you'll need it )
    Bowclamp "good caul"

Mark.

That is one slick little rig. If you don't patent it someone will. I think Tod is right, we may see something like that someday in a catalog. I mean, I don't even have a foreseeable use for one, and I want one also.

Nice invention, and equally nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Marzluf
    No money or time for a patent.... I've been using this for about 3 years now and have decided to just keep it for myself..
    It almost seems like you can't afford not to patent your jig!

There was mention of Rockler as a possible partner; I seem to remember seeing emails from Woodpeckers (www.woodpeck.com) practically begging for ideas of things they could manufacture in aluminum.

Best of luck to you!

Ladies and Gentelman,

We have a winner!

Outstanding.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Thanks everyone for the kind words..

I actually contacted Woodpeckers about it a few months ago. They wanted me to just ship it to them for review. Well..... I actually wanted to take it to them myself and explain how everything worked and why, but they weren't too happy about that..

I met with David Marks after that and showed it to him. He recomended that I contact Mark Duginski about it and see if he'd be able to help, but to this day I have not been able to reach him.

I keep running into dead ends here....... that's the other reason why I've just kind of kept it to myself...

Maybe someday it'll see store shelves.....

As a Machinist you get a Most Excellent! And as others have said ingenious and patent worthy.

Blog Entries
    Bench Dog also openly asks folks to submit their ideas.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Marzluf
    Maybe someday it'll see store shelves.....
    I hope so. It looks like it'll hollow out the seat of a chair, which is something I'd like to do with a power tool.
    What this world needs is a good retreat.
    --Captain Beefheart

I know......

Actually, Bench Dog was contacted last year about it, and although they were very interested, they were going through money problems and weren't taking on any new projects at the time.

Maybne it's just about that time for me to start making some calls again..

The local WW store already wants 10 to start with.. I just need to get them to them. Can't make them myself though, costs would be too high to be profitable.