Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look At Andy Go !

Look At Andy Go !

Congrats Andy Hoyt Got the cover on the AAW Website
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burns
    Congrats Andy Hoyt Got the cover on the AAW Website
    Must be really slow at AAW Just joking Andy, Cangats to you and the one that did it "payback"
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Atta boy, Andy. You did us Yankees proud!!

Congrats there Andy!

Congrats Andy.!!!! So who'd ya hafta "horn-swoggle" to get published on AAW? Congrats buddy, very well deserved.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Congrats Andy! I thought that was an incredible recovery and duet when I originally saw it! Obviously someone agrees with me! Congrats to you and the LOYL!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Wow!! Cool piece Mr. Hoyt!! Congratulations on your stardom. Hey....also...The Cherry Burl bowl that has a pic name of "Clabo burl". That's pretty rockin' too!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

You Da MAN!, Andy.

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Way to go Andy. Congrats my friend.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Horn-swoggle is that a word?? If it really is, Andy would know how to do it, I'm sure.

Way to go Andy, and add my kudo's to your wife as well. For a job well done and for putting up with you too
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Thanks guys. I'll be sure to pass your congrats on to Chrystine. Were it not for her participation it would be just another bowl - or up in smoke.

Jim - apparently it is:

Bamboozle or hoax; cheat or swindle.
    “We’re hornswoggled. We’re backed to a standstill. We’re double-crossed to a fare-you-well” bitterly complains a character in Jack London’s The Valley of the Moon of 1913. Seven years later the young P G Wodehouse used it in Little Warrior: “Would she have the generosity to realize that a man ought not to be held accountable for what he says in the moment when he discovers that he has been cheated, deceived, robbed—in a word, hornswoggled?” By then, the word had been in the language with that meaning for more than half a century, and even then it had been around for some decades with an older sense of “embarrass, disconcert or confuse”. People had long since turned it into an exclamation of surprise or amazement: “Well, I’ll be hornswoggled!”

Peter Watts argues in A Dictionary of the Old West that it comes from cowpunching. A steer that has been lassoed around the neck will “hornswoggle”, wag and twist its head around frantically to try to slip free of the rope. A cowboy who lets the animal get away with this is said to have been “hornswoggled”. A nice idea, but nobody seems to have heard of hornswoggle in the cattle sense, and it may be a guess based on horn. Nobody else has much idea either, though it’s often assumed to be one of those highfalutin words like absquatulate and rambunctious that frontier Americans were so fond of creating. It’s sad to have to tag a word as “origin unknown” yet again, but that’s the long and the short of it.
    Last edited by Andy Hoyt; 09-12-2006 at 11:23 PM.
    Only the Blue Roads

Well lookie there. Good job Andy and well deserved with that piece. It's a beaut.
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

Totally Awsome!

Talking That Andy thing

Hey guys. Stop the ranting and raving. Would someone please post the picture so the rest of us can also get on the wagon
    Thanks,

15. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Mutch
    Hey guys. Stop the ranting and raving. Would someone please post the picture so the rest of us can also get on the wagon
    Thanks,
    I'll second that!