Thread: Montgomery County Woodworkers' Guild PA

Montgomery County Woodworkers' Guild PA

I just started this group in the hopes that other woodworkers in my area would join and hopefully start meeting on a monthly basis to share project, tips and tricks, and our everyday love of the art. Below is the link to join the group.

Hope this goes well so we can all learn from one another.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MCWW/

Thanks
    Tom

Nobody is interested?

Now I know that there are a lot of people from the Philly area that are here...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Henry
    Now I know that there are a lot of people from the Philly area that are here...
    I'm in the Montgomery county area, its just not the PA one.
    Hope you get some positive responses soon.

I agree there are a number of members here (as well as other common ww sites) that seem to be local. It makes it seem quite the 'small world'. Anyway, while I enjoy reading and learning from these sites, I don't really have much to contribute myself. I am more in the ww wannabe category who enjoys learning from others who have the knowledge and experience. I currently have other 'home improvement' projects on my plate before I can dedicate my time to ww. That list is diminishing though.. and I will soon be starting to put into practice some of the things I have learned (can't wait!). So, as this long-winded reponse draws to an end.. I just wanted to say I am here in Mont Co.

Hey Jeff and all I am going to chime in here even though I live on the other side of the country from you-all. A club that shares ideas and techniques would be suprisingly informative for everyone involved. From the novice to the expert we all do somethings different and can learn from each other. Those mistakes made by the novice may not have been made by the expert or more experienced wood worker, as yet. Someone with a good imagination can come up with the idea for a jig or a fixture and never use it to make a thing. It is all about ideas and of course meeting a bunch of nice people.

Easy for me to say all this as I do not at present belong to any clubs.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

I hope that people see it that way. Hopefully I will get more people to join...

The one next door...

Tom - about a year ago a few of us started the Delaware Valley group (dvww under yahoo). It was slow in getting started but seems to be catching on, finally. We meet currently at the Brandywine CAT (old name: shop) near Coatesville, right now getting into our annual charity toys production. Alan Turner came by at first, until he got so busy with his school.

You are welcomed to come by anytime, to participate or just to pick up some tips on getting started (we benefitted greatly from an existing club in Harrisburg). John Carney (splinterbelly on woodnet) is boss-man.

Nice idea Tom. Where do you propose meeting? I'm from northern Delaware. I keep my eyes open for a WW club I can afford

Off to a good start

We are off to a good start with 5 new members. I hope that will grow!!

I'm willing to participate as much as I can. The problem for me is time. Any free time I get I either spend it with the kids or in the shop. I can't promise I'll be able to attend the meetings. Would like to be kept in the loop, though.

I think I am still a member of Delaware Valley Wood Workers Guild. I went to several meetings, but right now am just out of time. Nice group of fellows. The meetings are about an hour from my home, and that adds to the problem of finding time.

I am teaching two nights this semester, in addition to my full time job, and the school, and some commission work, etc. I yearn for the 30 hour day!
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop